Chapter 5

I am immedietly greeted in the Super headquarters. Everybody here is just so happy. I look around, and it seems pretty bright here. Not so bright it appears that I am staring directly into the sun, but bright in sence that thid is a cheerful place. The ceiling is glass, and I peer up at the cloudless baby blue sky as a bird flies over.

"Hi! My name is Amanda. What's your name?" I hear a voice say cheerfully. I turn to my left and look at the person whom the voice belongs to. She is about my height, so she is about the average height of a 12 year old. She has long brown hair, and brown eyes. Her upper cheeks and nose contain a few freckles. And she just looks happy. She's pretty.

"Hi, I'm Lacy." I reply. I tried to sound as happy as possible, but what I really am is curious, and a bit depressed. I'm a bit depressed because I can now rarely ever see my friends again, Katy and Emma I can see once in while, but I can mever see Cassie. I can never see her again because she is a Malevolent.

"I know who you are, well, kind of. I know that you are an orphan, one of the only ones around. And, I'm sorry about that. I know what you're thinking. You're going to miss our old lives, and your friends. So, I'm here to offer you a frinedship." she replies enthusiastically, except for when she talks about the fact that I'm an orphan. I like her, she's nice.

"Thanks, for all of that. You were spot on with what I'm thinking. And, I accept your offer. So, what headquarters were you born into?" I say back. Her face lights up when I accept her offer, but she doesn't stop listening to me.

"I was born a Super. I wasn't suprised with my results. But, you know, it was good to make sure that I'm a Super. Fair wouldn't of been terrible, but I am very glad I got Super. But if I got Malevolent, that would of been bad!" Amanda tells me, her voice enthusiastic .

"I have a friend who is a Malevolent. Her name is Cassie. I always knew that she was a Malevolent, and I think she did too. But no one else saw it." I told her.
We continued to chat until we hear a loud voice. "Hello everybody! Welcome to the Super headquarters! You are a destined to do great things! My name is Mark, and I am the President of the Supers. Now, you are standing in the Super's center. If you please, look around. There are multiple places to eat. A few training places for your great things you are destined to do, if you please. And just some shops. Now, to you left is where the houses are. If you get married, you will live in a house with whom you are married to, but until then you get a roommate. You all get to pick your roommates, and you can only pick one. All the houses are the same here, two stories, three bedrooms, a kitchen, two bathroom, and some other rooms. Once you have your roommate, walk to the left and pick a house. Since you were not allowed to bring all of your belongings, other than a pillowcase of things, everything is free here, for a week. And then, you all get jobs and build your life here." The voice says. The whole time I have been looking around, and then I look about twenty feet up, and see a glass stage on the wall. There's stairs leading up to the stage. On the stage stands a tall man, with gray hair, and he is dressed in a white tuxedo.
I have noticed that everybody had a pillow case stocked full of stuff. I also brought a pillowcase, but I only have a few things inside: a pink and yellow floral quilt my mother knit me before she died, a locket that contained a photo of both my mother and my father (my mother was the owner of the locket) , the stuffed bear I have always had, my fathers old sweatshirt and wrist watch , and a small box that was given to me by lady whom I lived with for a year (that box contained the locket, and my fathers old wrist watch). Those are my only belongings. The pillowcase is not even half full. And the pillow case was from the very first house I even lived in.

"Do you want to be roommates?" Amanda asks me.

"Yeah, I'd love that." I answer her.

And with that we walk to the houses.