run away - 2

---

story summery idea -

"let me come with you,"            

"i can't, i'm sorry" 

 "please, just stay" 

 she wished she could. 

 she really did.

---

1st chapter idea

I kept running. I didn't stop.

I ran through the woods, trying to escape from the monster behind.

That is, until I saw a house. The house.

I quickly raced inside and locked the door.

I'm okay. It's okay. I thought to myself.

"Elisa?" A voice questioned from the other side of the door. "Please let me in, I just want to talk. Give you reasons."

Of course, I didn't want to let him in.

But I did.

Why? Because the distance memories of him rushed back to me, and I needed an answer.

I opened the door slowly, just enough to be met with the same dark blue eyes that I could only associate with hurt.

"You can't leave." He dead-panned.

"Yes, I can" I said through gritted teeth.

"Please, maybe I can come with you."

"You can't."

"But, why do you want to leave. Please, just at least tell me that."

"You really want to know?"

He nodded his head.

"I'm running away because of you." I sighed, leaning against the door frame. "There, I said it."

"But, I thought you loved me." he whimpered, all kinds of hurt washing over his flawless face.

"I do, I really do. But, I can't keep saying it when I know you're never going to really reciprocate the feelings."

"But, I've told you a million times Elisa, I love you."

"You keep saying that, but actions speak louder than words," I felt my eyes well up at the memories. " and when I see you kissing other girls, it's hard to believe."

He didn't speak after that. Not for a while. His eyes just stared at me, like they were boring into my soul.

Looking down at the ground, he finally spoke.

"I'm sorry."

Those were words, he had never added to his vocabulary. Never had he said this, even after I saw him kiss others. He would just say, 'Please forgive me' or 'But, I love you'.

"Really?"

He looked up and looked me right in the eyes.

"The only reason I did any of that was because either I was drunk, or I was upset because we had got into a fight." He breathed one drastically long breath."And, one thing I know for sure, was that every time after I had done something like that, the amount of regret that I had was huge."

I smiled, and he did the same.

"Now, for one last time. Do you forgive me?"

I didn't say anything, I just stood on my tiptoes and kissed him. He immediately kissed back and smiled into the kiss.

I wanted to freeze that moment forever, but unfortunately I couldn't.

"Are you still going to run away?" He said, once we had broken the kiss.

"Maybe," I gave him a small smile. I knew I couldn't run away after what had just happened. That would leave him with all kinds of hurt. But I had other reasons for running away too. "Not far, though. I might just hide in this cottage."

"Maybe, I could stay here too. I could run away with you."

"Yeah. But your parents would never allow that." I reasoned. I knew that my parents couldn't care less. Last time, I checked, they left me when I was three.

"It's alright. They will be fine." He ran his hand through his hair. "Trust me, they'll move on."

"But, you're their only son, you can't just leave them." I said.

"But, I can't just leave you."

"You can visit me. This house isn't that far from the city."

He bit his lip. His eyes looked like they were about to burst into tears.

"Right."

"So, I guess this goodbye until next time." That's when I started crying. A few tears were trickling down my cheeks.

He pulled me into a hug. The biggest hug I have ever experienced, actually. He squeezed me tight, like his life depended on it. I cried into his shirt.

"I love you," I told him, my words muffled by his shirt and my tears.

"I love you too, Elisa" He said, planting a kiss by on the top of my head.

There was a small silence after. Just, him and I in an abandoned cottage, holding onto each other. The only sounds filling the silence being our sobs and cries.

When he finally let go, he said, "Until next time." He then planted a kiss on my tear-stained cheek and whispered in my ear, "That may or may not be tomorrow morning."

I giggled and he quickly shut me up with another kiss on the lips.

Then, with out hesitation he left, calling out "I LOVE YOU, ELISA", while he walked away.

"I LOVE YOU TOO" I smiled, giggling. I closed the door, and knew what I had just done would change my life

f o r e v e r.

----