1.

Note: Decided to add this one too in honor (even when I now think it's a little bad) as it was made for my English class in 2020 and started the whole idea that maybe I could write horror stories in English.

I live in a really old house. I've only lived there for two years. And I really like living there, it's pretty big so our family fits in nicely. And I like my room too, except for one thing. Every night at 3:00 I start to hear strange scratching noises from my closet.

It first happened when we had just moved in. I had just fallen asleep when I heard strange noises so I woke up. I was too scared to go and open the closet so I tried to just go back to sleep hoping that I had just imagined things.

But suddenly I felt as if someone had pulled my blanket away from me. I started to feel cold so I sat up.

And there it was. Tall and dark figure, standing there just looking at me. I was in terrible fear and I tried to scream but my voice just didn't come out. I felt as if someone was choking me.

In panic I grabbed my throat, the figure was still just standing there and it felt like time had stopped moving. "That's the end, I'm going to die," said a little voice in me.

But then the figure just vanished and I screamed at the top of my lungs. My mum ran into my room. She hugged me and comforted me saying that it was just a bad dream. I started to cry so I didn't even tell her what happened. I still haven't been able to tell her even now.

That was the first and the last time when something like that happened, now I only hear scratching noises from the closet but I never open it. I just never want to see that figure again…