Strangers in the Night

Scene 01  : The Forest Road

The story opens with a light rainy night of April 7th 2024 falling steadily over a dense forest.

A car is speeding down a narrow road, its headlights slicing through the dark, foggy night.

Inside the car is Anand, a 27-year-old man, glancing nervously at his phone.

ANAND
(glancing at the phone screen, worried)
It's already 12:45 now... where am I?

The rain starts to intensify, and Anand, driving at 100 to 120 km/h, grips the steering wheel tightly.

Suddenly, without warning, the car jerks and comes to halt.

Cut to outside the car. Anand steps out in the rain, opens the bonnet, and peers inside. Steam rises from the engine.

ANAND
(frustrated, muttering to himself)
Great! Smoke from the engine... What now?

He looks around, realising that he's deep in the forest, surrounded by nothing but darkness and trees.

There's no sign of civilization-no mechanic shops or petrol bunks in sight.

As the rain turns heavier, he takes out the phone from his pocket to make a call, but there's no signal.

ANAND
(sighing)
No signal too... perfect.

Frustrated, unsure of what to do next, he gets back into the car to wait for sometime , A few moments later, he notices a faint light in the distance.

ANAND
(hopeful)
Is that... a house?

Deciding he has no other option, he locks the car and switches on his phone's torch. He starts walking following the light.

As he makes his way through the dense forest, he hears eerie howls, like a pack of jackals nearby.

he fear sets in. He begins to walk faster, gripping the mobile torch tightly as the sound of the howling grows louder.

Scene 02 : Anamika's Preparation

In a dimly room, Anamika, a beautiful 24-year-old woman, just stepped out of the shower, her wet hair falling over her shoulders.

She covers her body in a red bathing towel up to her chest, she moves gracefully towards almirah, and selects a white saree from it.