Chapter 5

AN// HOLY SHIT YO!!! 485 people have read my book so far!! Ahhhhhh this makes me so freaking happy. if you are enjoying it so far tell me in the comments and be sure to vote for each chapter so i know what y'all are thinking! love you all mwahh :*//

My first real date and it only took until my senior year of high school for it to happen. At least I have a crush on him and maybe now I can know more about him. I decided to wear my favorite maxi dress, which is strapless and black with cutouts for the legs, so I really hope it brings me luck with tonight.

*ding ding* TEXT FROM: Best Friend

hey gurl :) have fun tonight! you deserve it!! miss you lots <3 mwahhh ;*

What would I do without my best friend Ally? Ally Manning and I have been best friends since we were born. Our dads are best friends, Tom Brady and Peyton Manning. Controversy to what people say about the Patriots and the Broncos being rivals our dads are like brothers. Ally is my own cheerleader, even though she hates what I call her that, because she does gymnastics and not cheer, but she has never once missed any of my games. Now that is what best friends are for, always being there for you no matter what.

TEXT TO: Best Friend

thanks babes I'll FaceTime you when i get home with all the details! #scaredasfuck

And off we go!

At around 5:00 I hear the doorbell ring, and I tell my dad to get the door because now all of a sudden I'm really nervous. I am a senior in high school and I have never been on a real date with a boy before. I look in the mirror and make sure everything looks okay still, I curled my waist length hair and did a smokey eye, and I gotta admit I look pretty banging. I love wearing heels, but I figured that my white converse were perfect for this date. As im walking down the stairs to greet Cody, I notice that he too dressed up and is wearing the same shoes as me. nice taste kid

" I like your taste in footwear" we say at the same time then laugh.

"Alright, well it looks like I have nothing to worry about after all, Cody nice meeting you and bring her home before sunrise" My dad says. My parents are pretty easy on me because im hard on myself so they know that I wouldn't do anything too rational.

"Thanks guys," I kiss both my parents on the cheeks "I love you both and don't wait up! See you later!" I wave goodbye to my parents and walk down my front lawn to Cody's Mustang.

"Wow, now that's a lot of money"

"Well my mom is a Cowboy's cheerleader so I guess you can say we have some money," he does this little laugh and rubs the back of his neck nervously, and to be honest it's actually pretty cute that I'm not the only nervous one here. He opens the door for me to get in like a gentleman and he is earning major points in my book right now along with my parents because I already know that they are watching through the windows.

As he gets in I ask him where we are going and he tells me that it's a surprise and that it's not actually the movies. As we drive we make small talk and i turn the radio on when Nirvana comes on.

"I wouldn't take you as a Nirvana fan Carter"

"Oh big time they're my favorite band."

"No way, they're my favorite band too!" oh yeah definitely a keeper!

We get into the city and pull up next to a really fancy restaurant.

"I guess it's a good thing I dressed up huh?"

"Well even if you didn't I'd still bring you here" Awwww

"I have to tell you something Cody, this is my first date so I don't really know what to do and not to do so go east on me"

"Don't worry I'll make this night very memorable"