𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐌𝐚𝐧

It was the usual morning for Ruby. She'd get up and get herself ready for work.

Her fiery locks were curled and brushed out, she always finished her look with a soft red lipstick on her lips.

Her routine ended with feeding Bowie and heading out the door with her bag, coat, and keys in her hand.

She stopped at the coffee shop that was near her apartment, she'd get the same thing everyday. A medium coffee with 4 creams and 2 packs of sugar. With a slice of banana nut bread. The barista knew her face and always smiled when they saw her.

As she walked out, she looked down for a quick second then she felt a force bump into her. It caused her grunt ever so slightly, when she looked up; she was met with red lenses.

"I'm very sorry," the voice of the man with red lenses spoke, she only smiled since she knew it was an accident.

"It's no problem really, don't worry about it." Ruby said as she felt herself smile, she studied his appearance. His hair was parted, his stubble was faint, his suit looked well, and his smile seemed big. She felt a soft of warmth radiating off him, "I'm Ruby. Ruby Morgan."

She introduced herself, her hand slowly raising for a handshake. "Matthew. Matt Murdock." The man replied as he felt her hand and shook it.

"Murdock, huh? I've heard that name before." Ruby continued the small conversation, she did hear about an office that opened nearby.

"Before? Where?" Matt started asking questions, "The new lawyers? You opened your law firm a few blocks down." Ruby started to explain before she took a sip of her coffee.

Matt only smiled and chuckled, this made Ruby smile. "I hate to be the breaker but I must get going, I'm gonna be late for work."

Ruby said and Matt only gave her nod, she eventually turned and started to walk off in the direction of her job.
______________________________
All day, her mind filled with images. Her mind filled with Matt's face as she thought about him, her mind was snapped back to reality when a co-worker tapped her desk.

When she came back to reality, she continued working until she got curious and typed in "Murdock."

The public records showed everything. It showed how Matt became blind when he was young, so it explained the glasses when she saw him. She continued reading, when her eyes caught the title. She stumbled upon the article, the article from when Matt's father died. She felt a pang of sadness, which caused her to frown.
______________________________
The walk home from work was the same as always, it was a normal 20 minute walk. She paused when a man came falling into the dumpster beside her, her body jumped to the left of the dumpster by 10 feet.

Her eyes peered into the dumpster saw a man in a suit, he was beaten and unconscious. Her hands quickly reached into her bag and pulled out her camera, she snapped a picture before putting her camera away and grabbing her phone to call 9-1-1.

Her eyes looked up from where the man fell, she saw a man in a black mask and another figure who was dressed in a white hoodie.

She felt herself gulp before she turned away and walked away from the scene, she needed to clear her head.

She'd seen it all but most cases her heart, especially cases that involved children. It took all her willpower.
______________________________
She got home, and Bowie ran once he heard the door close. "Hey Bud." Ruby said as she ran her finger through his fur to pet him.

She grabbed her tv remote and turned on the tv, the news was on immediately and the broadcast was about the man who fell off the roof.

She raised an eyebrow when she heard them mention the man in the mask, her trance was snapped when Bowie barked.
______________________________
As always, her routine was the same. Plain and simple but that wouldn't be the case as the week goes on.