What is trauma?

We are all aware that trauma exists, we all acknowledge what it is, but do we really understand it? Do we really comprehend just how deep trauma can run into an affected individual?

Trauma.

What exactly is it?

It's sometimes difficult to explain what it is, to understand what it is, to understand why it happens –

So, why?

Think of trauma as a scar.

A scar.

What is a scar?

A scar is the aftermath of something unfortunate and unforgettable. It's a mark that will be there, always will be, to remind you of that day, of that unfortunate day you had to experience.

A scar is something that will forever remain on your body. It may slowly fade as time passes, but it never really does go away, it just fades and blends into memories.

A scar is what we call the physical aftermath of an undeniable, infelicitous experience.

Trauma is the soul scar of a grievous moment of your life that you had to live through.

It can heal as time passes, you can bury it deep down inside your soul, inside your heart and forget about that suffering, but it will always be there, at the back of your head, to remind you that it never really went away.

You just decided to ignore it.

To deem it as unworthy of solving it.

Of solving a problem that will deeply affect the way you live.

The way you think.

The way you feel.

The person you are.

What is trauma?

Trauma.

Trauma is something you may never be able to completely heal from.

Something that will leave a mark on you.

Something that...

Will make you feel like an outcast from other people.

Hi! I'm extremely sorry for posting this only after a month after my last update but I've been unreasonably busy with school and I'm regrettably falling into a pit of depression again.

I'm sorry for the short chapter, but I'll try to make the next one longer. I'm not sure what I'll write about, I'm not sure when I will write it or post it, so I apologise in advance because it will be another long wait until I release another chapter