3

Sarai Adebayo -

Finally science class is over, which is signalled by the ringing of the bell.

I pack my book and pencil case away and wait for the teacher to dismiss my table.

After a few seconds - which quite frankly felt like hours- he tells our table to get our stuff and leave.

I put my jacket and my bag on and stand outside the class as I wait for Miriah to get out the class.

I just lean against the wall and sigh until I finally see her pop out the door with a cheeky grin.

"Where should we go for break?" She asks me

I just shrug and hum, "I don't mind."

She just sighs and taps her chin and I look around and spot Aiden and Lucas walking down the stairs.

"Well... we can figure something out." Miriah pipes up and begins walking down the stairs

I just nod and follow her down until we make our way down to the playground.

The two of us walk over to the benches and I take a seat next to her.

She pulls out a cereal bar and I lay my head on her shoulder as she opens the packet.

She breaks it in half and holds one half in-front of my face.

I just smile and take it and mumble a thanks and begin to eat it.

"You know Aiden..." Miriah says after a few moments

I just hum as a response.

"I won't lie.. he's kinda cute." She mumbles

I just snicker and smile at her and finish eating the cereal bar and look at her.

Before I can even get out a response I see Amaya walking over.

She's one of the many friends of Miriah and part of that group of girls that I was forced to hang out with this morning.

I mean she's alright.. I guess. I don't know I haven't really spoken to her.

And she doesn't really look like she wants to talk to me anyway.

She waves at Miriah and takes a seat on the bench.

"So.. where's the rest of them?" Amaya asks

Miriah just shrugs, "dunno, haven't seen any of them."

I just sigh and place my head back on her shoulder as the two of them talk about whatever.

Miriah leans her head on top of mine and we stay like that as she talks to Amaya.

A few minutes later, I lift my head up and stand up from the bench, "I'm gonna go to the toilet."

I mumble to Miriah.

She looks up at me, "want me to come?"

I just shake my head, "It's okay, I'll be back."

She just nods and smiles and waves me off.

I hum a song to myself as I make my way towards the girls toilets.

I go into the stall and look down at the toilet and groan quietly.

It's dirty, how disgusting, I promise you basic manners and etiquette isn't that difficult.

I'm about the open the door until I hear my name mentioned.

"Gosh Sarai is so annoying, she literally just stands there and tags along with Miriah all the time." A girl says.

"I swear down, she's like a puppy dog, even this morning when we were all talking and she just stood there in the back like some idiot." Another one speaks up.

I lean my head against the walls of the stall and sigh gently and look down.

"I'm so happy that I don't have to deal with her, she just looks fucking annoying anyway." A voice speaks up.

"Apparently in form she was making a big deal out of a spider of some shit, what a beg man."

I hear them snicker and then a few moments later I hear footsteps and I just let out a breath.

I open my stall slowly and the need to even use the toilet has dissipated.

I walk one to the sink and look into the mirror and wipe my tears away and then wash my hands.

I shake the water off and stand there and sigh.

Does Miriah really feel like I just follow her around..?

She's my best friend though.. right?

———-
End of chapter -

:( Sarai is such a cutie pie, also this is one of the main reasons I hate school there's literally so much unneeded hate and just irritating behaviour for no reason

Anyway, she's literally the best so...

Thanks for reading <3