Chapter 1

Dipti was a spirited 19-year-old Muslim girl with dreams that sparkled as brightly as her eyes. Born into a Conservative family in Dhaka, Dipti's passion for acting often felt at odds with her family's traditional values. Despite this, she found solace and joy in her craft, practising lines in her bedroom, dreaming of the day she would grace the silver screen.

Her father, Mr Khan, a stern and traditional man, valued honour and tradition above all else. He had worked hard to provide for his family and believed firmly in following the customs and traditions passed down through generations. To him, acting is not a respectable career, especially for a young Muslim woman.

One evening, after a particularly gruelling audition, Dipti returned home to find her parents waiting for her in the living room. The tension in the room was palpable.

"Dipti, we need to talk," Mr. Khan said, his voice a mixture of frustration and disappointment.

" About what, Papa?" She asked, though she already had a sinking feeling she knew.

" It's time you stopped your acting nonsense and focused on your future. We have arranged your marriage.," he said, his voice final.

Dipti's heart sank" But, Papa, acting is my dream. I have worked so hard for this," She pleaded.

Mr Khan's face hardened "Dreams are for children. You're not a kid anymore. You're an adult. It's time to be responsible. You're getting married to Asif next month. "

Dipti's mother Mrs Khan, looked at her daughter with sympathy but remained silent. Her eyes pleading Dipti to understand.