Chapter 1: The Morning Routine

As the morning sun filtered through the sheer curtains of their London apartment, it cast a warm glow over the modern furnishings. Omar Siddiqui, clad in a crisp three-piece suit, descended the stairs, the enticing scent of freshly cooked parathas wafting through the air. It had been a year since his arranged marriage to Aisha, a union orchestrated by their families back in Pakistan, and adjusting to this new chapter of his life proved to be more challenging than he had anticipated.

Omar was never keen on marriage. His parents had persistently pressured him, insisting that with his burgeoning career, it was time to settle down. Aisha had been the obvious choice,she was 24 years old,well-educated, having completed her degree in Islamic studies, and embodied the values that Omar’s family cherished. Meanwhile, Omar had moved to London to pursue his studies at a prestigious university, where he met his good friend Faraz, who was also from Pakistan. After graduating with a degree in business administration, Omar with Faraaz as his partner successfully launched a tech startup focused on innovative digital solutions.

Despite his professional accomplishments, he often found himself preoccupied with work, unintentionally neglecting the emotional needs of his wife.

As Omar approached the dining table, he noticed Aisha meticulously arranging his breakfast. The table was set with an array of dishes: fluffy pancakes, crispy bread, a perfectly cooked omelet, fresh juice, and steaming coffee. Aisha had always taken pride in her culinary skills, and Omar couldn’t deny the effort she put into preparing his meals, yet he often overlooked her dedication.

 Aisha had always taken pride in her culinary skills, and Omar couldn’t deny the effort she put into preparing his meals, yet he often overlooked her dedication

“Assalam-u-alaikum,Good morning!” she greeted softly, her eyes lighting up at his presence, even if briefly.

“Good morning!” without replying to her salaam he said, taking a seat. His tone was casual, lacking the warmth he knew she longed for.

It was evident that their relationship was uneven. While Aisha had embraced her role as a wife, handling household chores and meal preparations, Omar had little time or inclination to reciprocate. He rarely asked her about her day or took an interest in her life. Aisha’s patience was being tested, yet she remained hopeful.

After finishing breakfast, Omar stood, straightening his blazer. “I’ll be late today. Don’t wait up,” he announced, barely sparing a glance back at Aisha.

She nodded, forcing a smile, though it faltered as he walked out of the apartment without another word. Aisha sighed, locking the door behind him. She returned to the dining table, her heart heavy as she began clearing away the remnants of breakfast.

Omar's behavior was all too familiar. She had grown accustomed to his indifference, but it still stung. She recalled their early days of marriage, especially the first time she had prepared his lunch. Eager to care for him, she had packed a tiffin filled with his favorite dishes, believing he would appreciate her effort.

“What is this?” he had asked, a frown creasing his brow as she presented the tiffin.

“I’ve packed your lunch. Please take it with you and eat when you feel hungry,” she had replied, her voice trembling slightly.

“I don’t need it. Don’t ever do such things for me again.” He had ignored the tiffin in her hands and stormed out, leaving her stunned and hurt.

But Aisha had resolved not to give up. Every day, she prepared his tiffin, hopeful he would eventually appreciate her efforts. Yet, his dismissive attitude continued, until one day, exasperated and desperate for change, she stood her ground.

“Omar,” she declared, her voice firm as she faced him. “If you don’t take this tiffin with you right now, I’ll call Salma Mamma and Fardeen Papa (his parents). They won’t like hearing about your behavior, trust me.”

His surprise was palpable, and for a moment, he hesitated, taken aback by her boldness. But time was ticking, and rather than argue, he snatched the tiffin from her grasp and stormed out, glaring at her.

Aisha had sighed in relief, her heart racing at her own audacity. She knew threatening him was risky, but she had felt it necessary to stand up for herself. As she cleared the table, her mind wandered to the moments she had dreamed of during their engagement—moments filled with love, laughter, and partnership. Instead, her reality felt isolating, filled with unreciprocated affection and unmet expectations.

But deep down, Aisha believed in the power of love and patience. She hoped that one day, Omar would see her as more than just a housewife, and they would build a life together that reflected both of their dreams.

Little did she know that life had a way of challenging even the most steadfast hearts, and soon, her faith would be tested in ways she never anticipated.