Chapter 3

Chapter 3

(Shayla)

A month has gone by since going back to school and working for Faith. She's a cool boss and I'm learning a lot from her. Right now we were in class and it was one of her boring lectures. People were either sleeping or distracted like I was. I was distracted by how pretty she is. She was dress down today rather than her usual suits or skirts and blouses. Today she was wearing a short sleeve black shirt and some sparkly jeans. She had a black blazer she wasn't wearing at the moment. You saw more of her muscular arms and tattoos. I was so distracted by her beauty I didn't realize how much I was staring until she was standing in front of me telling me pay attention. "What was the question" I said as I came back to reality. "I didn't ask anything" she said while walking away. The smell of sweet vanilla followed as she headed back to the front of the classroom. She continued on with her boring lecture and I was happy when it was finally over. "I WILL NOT BE HERE TOMORROW. THE ASSISTANT PROFESSOR WILL TAKE OVER MY CLASS. I WILL BE IN COURT TOMORROW MORNING SO NO HOMEWORK TONIGHT. TAKE A WORKSHEET OF MY DESK BEFORE YOU GO. ITS DUE WHEN I RETURN" she shouted to the class. We all grabbed a worksheet as we left then I made my way to the parking lot. I was waiting around for my uber and I got annoyed when it didn't show up. I had to get to my internship. "Shouldn't you be on your way" Faith said causing me flinch. "Sorry, didn't mean to scare you. All of the interns are on their way and you're just standing in the middle of the parking lot" she said. "My uber hasn't shown up yet" I said. "Cancel your ride and come with me" she said walking away. She was walks fast and sometimes its hard keeping up with her. Once inside her car I relaxed. I can't believe I'm getting a ride to work in my bosses car. As we pulled off the campus I noticed she was looking at me through the review mirror. "Was I boring you today. What had you so distracted earlier" she asked while putting her eyes on the road. "You were boring me and you look nice today" I said. "Everyday won't be exciting and thank you but no more compliments" she said without taking her eyes off the road. I couldn't help but ask why. She didn't answer, she just laughed. Once we arrived at the building she stopped me before I got out the car. "I see the way you look at me Shayla and trust me you don't want to get involved with someone like me. You came to school to learn. I'm preparing you to be a lawyer one day. Focus on that instead of the things you want me to do to you." I was speechless and she winked at me then we got out of the car. Once in the building I saw Kira there. She hugged me tightly then we began walking towards the break room. "I have a few minutes until I start. What's up" I said. "We need to have a girls night its been a while. This Saturday you and I at the club downtown" she said. "That sounds exciting and while you're here can I ask you about Faith. Do you know if she's dating" I said quietly. "Aww my best friend likes my sister" Kira said teasingly. "She's not seeing anyone. However you should know she doesn't date. She has sex though. Women are constantly throwing themselves at her. You should also know, one time I was at her place for the holidays and I was drunk and looking for the bathroom. I stumbled upon her room I wish I didn't see. Her brother who's my husband has similar interests in bedroom activities if you know what I mean. Good luck to you if you ever go down that road." I was shocked by what she said. Faith seems like a pillow princess. Once the time hit two, I made my way towards her office as Kira left the building. "I was just about to look for you. We're going on a ride to a crime scene" she said. "I followed her back to her car and once on the road I decided to ask her about the special room in her home. "Kira and I were talking about you and she said you have interesting ideas when it comes to bedroom activities and you have a special room" I said hesitantly. "Yes and what's it to you" she spoke then stopping at a red light. She turn to look at me and she was smiling ear to ear. "That's not a road you want to go down" she said. "You know I'm attracted to you" I said. "That's obvious; it was clear the first time you saw me but like I said I'm not someone you want to get involved with. Now sit back and relax until we reach the scene" she said. "How come you don't date" I questioned. "I never thought anyone was worth it. Nobody is worth my time, trust, heart or love. When I have sex there's no strings attached. That's why you don't want to go down this road with me. You're going to get hurt." From there the car ride was silent. I was in deep thought about Faith. I'll settle for sex and no strings attached as long as I can be with her.