Right Now

"I'm Nihei from soccer journal. I'd like to get some material for a story today" The man asking some question to the reddish hair boy that sitting crossing his leg, Itoshi Sae. He look at the man sitting across him with his bore eyes.

Itoshi Sae is midfielder in Spain's club team. The man asking him, if he interest playing for Japan. But he only receive rude dry answer. They talk for moment when Sae about to stand up and leave the room he tell Nihei that he born in the wrong country.

.

"Itoshi-san, You can't do that! The press is going to hate you!" Sae's manager said following the boy. "I don't care about that. I only came back here because my passport expired. And there is no one can receive my passes in Japan except my precious boy." Sae stop from his track when he saw crowded hall.

"So we've gathered three hundred of the most high standing high schoolers and are training them as strikers to lead Japan to world cup victory. We call it Blue Lock" The reporters asking many questions. Only making the man panic. "Their lives will be wasted..?" Anri mumble.

"Damn right! This insane project is necessary for Japanese soccer to advance to the next level!!" The reporters seem starlet by Anri outburst. "Don't you want to see, the moment a hero is born in the world of Japanese soccer?!"

.

.

.

"Now then, let's begin Blue Lock's first selection."

Ego started explaining. For the first selection all of them in wing 5. Will have a round robin tournaments for all five teams. After the final match, the top two teams will clear the selection. It' a survival match. 

"Huh, so all eleven of us in team Z count as one team? even though we're all forwards?" The princess ask.

"That mean we'll just have to play all the other positions! You can be goalie!" Naruhaya point at Lemon. "Knock it off, I'd do it if I had to."

Raichi taking the spotlight by saying he'd be center forward. But Kunigami and Gagamaru won't let that happen. Naruhaya also give Igaguri defense positions. A team made eleven forwards, normally that would never happen. Isagi and Y/n thought in unison.

"Listen, Soccer is primarily a game about scoring points. Having all eleven players as forwards make perfect sense. The posistion and tactics that have been stupidly inimprinted on your brains, were just roles that were created as part soccer's evolution. Play soccer from that starting point. Rebuild it from zero in your heads"

.

.

.

"Over last quarter centuries.. Japanese soccer has made incredible progress on a global scale. And that's because our citizens have fervently believed in their dreams. The pro league was established in 1992 and we first entered the world cup in 1997.Our partnership with Korea first got us into the world cup best sixteen in 2002.

Then we disproved the rumors and made it into the group league again in 2010. Then in 2018 we nearly beat Belgium, who was lmost finalist. It was so close and frustrating after just one more step. would've stood shoulder to shoulder with the world's best." Anri kept explaining how they were going to find new dreams.

.

"Don't trust the common sense you've learned up until now. Throw it away. And pound this new concept into your brains. What Japan's need most of all to win the world cup... isn't the teamwork of eleven people. It's for just one person to be a hero." Ego continued his speech.

Y/n on the other hand almost fall asleep but he held it longer. "One person's light can change a team. A country and even the world! That's the kind of soccer sport is."

.

"Right now Japanese soccer is on the cusp of a new stage! And it's not us jaded adults, but those three hundred high schoolers who will play leading parts! Do you have the courage to dream of winning the world cup? All of it is in Blue Lock."

.

"Are you ready for battle?"

.

"Itoshi-san, we need to leave hurry to catch up your fly back to Spain.."

"Cancel it. I'll see for myself what kind of forward this country can produce." Sae ignores his manager.

👀
Blue Lock Additional Time

.

.

"Y/n-chan~~~" Bachira look at him. The boy look back at him with dumbfound expression. "Can you.. ehehe. give me a nickname??" He pleaded. 

An irk mark appears on Y/n's face. "WHA THE HELL ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT!? I ALREADY CALLED YOU MEGURU AND THAT'S ALREADY ENOUGH!!" Y/n was trying to pull Bachira's hair but he got lifted by Kunigami.

"Well I didn't expect him to be like this." He said. Bachira hiding behind Isagi. "LET ME GO YOU.... UGH JUST LET ME GO!!" Y/n scream. "Hehe sorry!~" Bachira wink at Y/n with making sorry hand language. 

"L/n maybe you shou--" Isagi didn't finish his sentences when Y/n's leg accidentally kick his chin. He receive that because Y/n struggle against Kunigami's strength.

Their roommates watching from the corner of the room. 

"....Um...what..?"

Thank you for voting. And sorry for the short chapter. I promise you I'll make the longer chapter soon enough... Bye!

:wa_ta_na_be29