Chapter 2

The next day. 

I stepped outside of the back door, into the alleyway, and reached into my apron pocket. Pulling out a cigarette, I put it in between my lips and took the lighter out of the other pocket and light the cigarette. I lean against the wall of the restaurant, when suddenly the events of last night came across my mind. A small smile broke out on my face.

His POV

As she stepped out of the back door, taking a deep breath and lighting her cigarette, she were unaware that she were being watched from the other end of the alleyway. I was leaning against the wall, half-hidden in the shadows, waiting for her to come outside.

I watched as she took a drag from her cigarette, admiring the small smile that tugged at the corners of her lips, a sign that she were thinking about me. I waited, watching her for a few more moments, before I finally pushed myself off the wall and approached her. 

"Thinking about me, are you?" My voice, deep and rich, cut through the air, causing her to jump slightly in surprise.

Layla's POV.

I looked at the shadows, and the man from yesterday emerged from the shadows.I sighed in relief and took a drag of the cigarette, leaning back on the wall."Do you usually go around stalking girls who are younger than you?" I asked, the corner of my perked up.

He smirked, clearly amused by my sass. "Stalking? That's a strong word. I prefer 'paying a visit.'" His eyes roamed over me, taking in my figure, before meeting my gaze again.

"Besides, you didn't seem to mind my 'stalking' last night."

I felt my cheeks heat up, as I looked away and took a drag of the cigarette and release it before turning back. I don't reply, but only stare at his face. He looks like would probably kill me if I were to attack him.

The man chuckled softly, noticing the way my cheeks flush a soft shade of pink when he mentions last night. "Still as flustered as ever, I see."

He stepped closer to me, his blue eyes locking with mine, his playful smirk never leaving his lips. "You look rather cute when you're blushing, you know."

I let out a scoff. "I don't have time to look cute....Mister." I said, knowing the sudden outbreak was because I was flustered.

He chuckled at my response, seemingly finding my defensive behavior  adorable.

"Ah, yes, you've got a child to take care of, don't you?"

He took another step closer to you, standing just inches away now.

"It's a shame, really. A beautiful young thing like you being stuck with diapers and sleepless nights."

I look up at him, not letting his huge body structure and height intimidate me."I find happiness when I change diapers and I don't feel tired due to some mere sleepless nights, if it means I get to see my child peacefully sleeping." I said, panting as anger took over my calm demeanor.

He looked down at me, clearly amused by my little outburst. He seemed to enjoy seeing me get all worked up over his words.

"Such devotion. Are you sure you're not a nanny, rather than a mother?" He leaned in slightly, his words dripping with subtle mockery.

I felt tears burn at the thought of having to step up as a mother in place of my sister. I never thought about him as anything but my own son. But this man's words are true. No matter how hard I try, I'll never be his mother. I can merely just step into the roll. I dropped the half finished cigarette into the dumpster, and turn to the side to leave.