Chapter one.

Back When We Were Friends..

The last real memory I had of Elliot was when he and I were in middle school.

He was my only friend.

Elliot was the type of boy to punch a guy for you if he wouldn't offer you his kindness. He was the type of person to love and laugh with.

I could have loved him the when we were younger, we could have had the type of love people sing songs about.

He was always taller than me, but never too tall. He walked like he didn't have a care in the world. Black hair, blue eyes, dazzling white smile. He knew he was liked by many, but he didn't.

The worst day started off like any other. I wish I saw it coming, my mind and body would've been better prepared for it.

"Amanda.........." Elliot whispered as he squatted down beside me and my car

The way he said my name was in a way that my mind would always remember. The soft gentle tone.
Gazing into his eyes as if they were the stars and all the planets he'd once obsessed about.

"It's been a while" he spoke again.

With every word he spoke my heart began to beat rapidly.
How can this be?
How are you here right now trying to bail me out of this mess I've gotten into?

I wanted to flood him with series of questions, but my mouth wasn't attached to my head.

"Amanda........Are you okay? Say something. Please" he begged as his hands hovered over my arm.

I asked for a miracle.
And here he was.

I couldn't help but flinch as his hand hovered over my arm as he tried to touch me.

He looked at me realizing the commotion he was causing with an almost touch, and he seemed hurt.
"I-I am sorry. Elliot."

I glanced at his muscular hand as they pulled away from me.

"For a second I thought you didn't recognize me" he spoke as he took a seat next to me.

Silence fell over us. And suddenly my mind was clear enough to speak what was on it.

"Elliot?"

"Yea?"

"How are you even........how did you.......what's happened........I-I......" I tried to mend the words that were lost within the sight of him.

"I saw the car, I thought......... I didn't know it was you"

"Elliot? I'm sorry"
I turn my head to look into his pricing blue eyes, and remembered the last good day that I spent with the Elliot Nathanael West.

It was the end of grade eight.Everything was smooth. Or so I had led to believe.

School let out early due to a half a day. He and I held hand in hand as we ran towards my house which was down the street from the school we attended. Elliot on the other hand lived next door.