Part 1: breathe

I woke up to the tranquile sound of nothing. There was a bitterness in the air that I couldn't explain. I yawned and began to stretch, I rubbed my eyes and sighed. "I'm tired of this." I thought to myself, as I looked around the room.

I looked to my side, there was an angelic type of light shining down on the bottles of alcohol on my nightstand. They glistened in the one sun ray that had escaped from behind the long curtain hanging over the window. "It's quiet..." the silence began to beat away at my mind.

I stood up and walked over to the dresser, running my fingers over the clothing hung up, they were all pretty shades of black, white, and gray. I picked up a baggy black T-shirt, and slipped it on along with a pair of gray sweatpants. "You're gaining weight again." "Stop eating so much." "You're disgusting, look at you." A voice in the back of my mind began to say as I peered into the long stand up mirror hanging on my wall.

I sat at the edge of my bed, holding my face in my hands. A single tear ran down my face, it tickled as it caressed my cheek and fell to the floor. Then one, two, three, four more came. They began to pour out of my eyes, I couldn't stop them. It was like a river, and I was drowning in them.

"I hate myself" I thought as I stood up, and walked to the bathroom. "Good, why would you ever love yourself" said the voice in the back of my mind again. "leave me alone" i whispered quietly, as I opened the door I stopped, shivering. The room went cold, I began to breathe out of my mouth, I could see my breath in front of me. "GO AWAY" I screamed. "I can't, even if I wanted to, you called for me." The voice said, "Now, if you're going to be oh so mean I can just teach you how to be nice." Said a strange voice, chuckling.

I felt a burning sensation on my back, I flinched as the pain began to get worse. "STOP IT" I choked, I couldn't move, the hairs on the back of my neck began to stand, the pain got worse. I couldn't bear it. More tears began to stream down my face, and then it stopped. The room got brighter, and the air seemed cleaner. The burning sensation went away, i let out a loud sigh in relief everything felt better.