Part 3: Gone

I woke up, but didn't open my eyes I just laid there in the silence. I enjoyed it while I could, it was the type of silence that would bring joy to the parent of a new born child. It was the type of silence that you could drift off during, and dream forever. I opened one eye, then the other and looked up at my ceiling, staring at the fan while it spun almost putting me in a form of hypnosis. I finally was brought to my senses by the chirping of the birds outside.

I felt a pounding sensation in my head as I began to sit up, a bit dizzy. I shook it off, shaking my head. As I stood up, there was this scent of rotten food piercing my nostrils. I covered my mouth gagging, and choking on the scent. I finally begin to notice the dampness of my shirt, and as I place my hands on the bottom of it pulling it out, looking down I noticed where the smell came from.

I struggled trying to rip the shirt off quickly and gagged more, running to the trashcan next to the desk in my room. I grabbed both sides of the can as if my life depended on it, I threw up. It felt like my throat was being ripped out of me, but I knew this pain too well. I've gotten use to it, its the only way I knew how to make me like myself.

I leaned back against the wall, looking back up at the ceiling a bit dazed. The gray wall paint and white ceiling seemed to fade together. I closed my eyes trying to focus, I started to hear laughter in the back of my mind. "Shut up" I grabbed my hair and tugged holding my head. I opened my eyes again and ran to my closet, grabbing a baggy black sweatshirt. The smell of it was so familiar but I couldn't remember the sent, it smelled like cologne it was such a beautiful smell, it made me genuinely happy for some reason I couldn't understand why though. The voice tried to speak out once again. I grabbed my wallet and ran out the door not looking back.