Chapter 17

The next morning Zephyr woke with a throbbing headache, as he looked around he realized that he was not inside of his room. The unfamiliar environment was unsettling. "H-Hello? Is somebody there?"

A noise sounded in the room next to his, and a familiar face popped out.
"Hey sleepyhead!" It was Amber, she was back. "You know I was just getting back to the kingdom and I saw you passed out on the ground. Couldn't help but try and get you indoors, so I dragged you into the hut I was given. By the way you should lay off of the Kelp, you way a bit much!"
They both began to laugh, it was nice for Zephyr to see a friend.

"Look uh, Amber. I wanted to talk to you about something..."
"Well Zeph, if this is about what I said to you on the beach its okay if you don't wanna."

Zephyr frowned, not sure how to respond.
"Well you see im kind of in a tuff spot."

"And what might that be?"

"Well I'm uh, well, you see..."

"Just spit it out!" Amber was quick to yell.

"I'm kind of engaged..." Quickly flinching Zephyr waited for the screaming to commence.
Instead Amber looked almost hurt.

"Zeph, why didn't you tell me before, I-I thought we had a thing. But I suppose that you don't know what its like to be abandoned, Do you?"
As she turned away Zephyr grabbed her talons. "Amber its not like that, I-I..."

"You what! Tell me Zephyrus! Tell me what it is that she has that I don't! What is it that makes you think you should throw away everything you ever had for someone who you barely know! Answer me Zephyr!" She now began to tear up, "You... You aren't one of us! You don't below in the sea, or anywhere else for that matter!"

Heartbroken Zephyr tried once again to explain. "Amber, you don't understand." He reached for her but she ran out the door and dove into the sea. Disappearing from sight.

                              ..................

"Hey Gravel, can I ask you some advise?"

The older Dragon smiled and nodded, "Anything for you Zeph, what do ya need?"