Chapter 1: The Hunt

Beep

Beep

Be-

Then my palm slams against my alarm clock hitting snooze. I lazily move off my single half-torn bed, shifting to the other side of my room towards my dresser.

My warm feet touching the cold hard concrete flooring. My mom never liked to spend to much money on me though I'm the only one making money off of the animals I catch and my dad that works at a random oil company.

Humans know that we exist so they back off and give us our territory. Even though there is hunters trying to kill us. There is three other packs other then the Nether Heights Pack; Moonlight Pack, Moon Blood Pack, and Star Harbor Pack.

Anyways back to the real problem what to wear, what to wear? It's not like I have much of any option anyways. My family weren't all to rich. We were just pack members to the Nether Heights Pack and as you can tell, I don't have a mate. I'm not complaining, I bet life is better without one.

I will officially find my mate on my eighteenth birthday because that's the day I'll be shifting which to tomorrow. But who cares about a stupid mate.

Hmmm.........

I pick up my white tank-top, Black skinny jeans, brown combat boots, and a black sweater that says 'Nether Heights Academy' and wrap it around my waist. With that I grab my quiver filled with arrows and throw my bow over my head not forgetting my pack. My usual outfit for everyday not forgetting my backpack. My eyes search my slightly run down room. My wallpaper was starting to come out, the concrete floors are cold.

"Autumn!!" My mom yells for me to come.

"Coming, Mom" I yell back and I sprint out of my 'room' more like a walk-in closet. My arrows hitting each other. As soon as I arrive to the kitchen; where she was yelling to me, she handed me and bunch of chores and animals to catch.

Chores for Auttie

Oh great my childhood nickname, I thought to myself.

1) Hunting :

A) 2 deers

B) 3 squirrels

C) 1 rabbit

2) Chores

A) Clean your room

B) Clean mom and dad's room

C) clean bathroom

D) make dinner

E) go to the alpha's house to clean his house at 7:00 everyday from now on, we make $15 dollars an hour for that so make sure you stay all night!! And pack clothes.

Great now, my mom basically sold me as a maid. She smiles.

"Go pack, sweetie. I've already ate. I'm going to a trip with Daisy's mom to a far off town in Zatha(Bazil is Zatha in this book)" mom informs me.

"Okay mom, love you! Bye" I shout to her while she walks out. I make my way to my closet and put my clothes as well as a paper towel to shield it from any blood.

I continue to look at the list, seeing if it could itself. But it obviously didn't work so I just got to it, skipping breakfast seem to go faster without. I jogged out the door while closing it behind me, and started toward the forest.

"Hello Autumn!!" Ms.Kelsey called after me.

"Hi Ms.Kelsey!!" I yelled to her, continuing to run to the forest.

When I reach there I immediately spot two squirrels on a branch on a huge tree. My hand reaches slowly to grab my bow and two arrows.

As soon as I sit my arrows into line I let go, it fires at speed and kills one of the two. I grumble, angry at the thought of letting it get away.

Climbing my way up to that branch I put my fresh kill into my pack as well as taking the arrows and putting them back in the quiver, ready for another use.

That's when I notice a unfamiliar scent. Rogue? No. It frustrates me. Goddess, why? Then it hit me like a pound of rocksThe Moon Blood Pack. Are they coming for an attack? We set up a treaty, didn't we?

I should tell the alpha. I drop from the tree, which to be honest was that high up, and started sprinting towards the Alpha's home not caring for the people who shout at me to slow down.