Chapter 4

Zay's POV
We talked for like, 2 hours. It was awesome! I met Yan Lin, Hay Lin's Grandma, and I met Mira Yan Lin's twin sister. I learned about a lot. I learned about the kind of stuff they do here in Heatherfield, and about the kind of events they do at Sheffield. I decided it was time to go home, so I told them I was leaving. But, they didn't want anything bad to happen to me so, right now Taranee's walking me home. We're walking on the sidewalks, and it's kinda dark outside. The only way I can see is by the lampposts. Neither of us is talking, it's kind of awkward. I have no idea what to say, so I just watch the snow fall. Ah, I love the winter. The snow, the beauty, the festivities, plus it's the most romantic season of the year. So, there's that too. I finally decided to break the silence.
Zay:"Don't you just love the winter?"
Taranee's POV
Taranee:"Uh, no not really. I much prefer the heat and warmth. What about you?"
Zay:"I love the winter. It's my favourite season."
Taranee:"What do you love about it so much?"
Zay:"This may sound weird but, the cold."
Taranee:"The cold?"
Zay:"Yeah, the cold."
Taranee:"Why?"
Zay:"Because, it makes you dress up nice and warm, and it's an excuse to cuddle up with that special someone."
Taranee:"Yeah, that is nice." Zay giggles.
Zay:"Not only that but, it reminds me of when I was found on the doorstep of the firehouse."
Taranee:"What do you mean?"
Zay:"It was winter, and it was so cold, but it was so beautiful. I don't remember much, but I do remember the feeling of how cold it was. I also remember seeing the frost on the trees. Oh, it was so beautiful. I guess the cold reminds me of how when no one wanted me, someone still found me." After she finishes her sentence we get to her apartment. We stand at the door to say goodbye.
Taranee:"Zay, you're wanted. Right here. With us."
Zay:"Do you really mean that?"
Taranee:"Of course. Best friend." I smile at her, and she gives me a shocked expression before flashing a smile.
Zay:"Thank you, best friend." We hug tightly, before waving goodbye, as she enters the building. Zay is gonna fit in really well with us here in Heatherfield. I just know it.