Chapter 3

*a few days later*

I was out sitting on my back porch over looking the beautiful hills of California on this sunny morning when I heard a knock at the door. I ran inside and walked towards the front door. When I looked through the peep hole and saw my good friend Jack Gilinsky, a  huge smile came across my face and I quickly fumbled to open the door knob. We greeted each other with hugs and hellos and I invited him inside by saying "Jack, long time no see! Would you like to come in?" To which he relied "Oh thank you but I was just in the area and thought I'd stop by, I can't stay long though I've got some rehearsal with Johnson all day." Him and Johnson were always working in the studio on some new song for their EP.. they're both so dedicated. "Oh nice, have fun with that!" I said with a sincere smile. Jack then said "I'm sure we will.. Hey you should call me sometime or something so we can hang out, Y/n, I've missed you." "Yeah sure! I've missed you too Jack!" "Alright we'll talk to you soon, y/n, gotta get back to the studio" Jack said walking away from the door followed by a wink.

That was nice of him to stop by, but also a bit weird. He had been so busy with work and partying and traveling lately that he hadn't hung out much with me and the other guys in many many months. Last time we spoke was a week or two after we were first introduced to each other at a huge party thrown by some youtuber Sammy was friends with.

Gilinsky has a sort of bad boy rep I guess you could say.. he never did anything serious just the typical underage drinking and smoking weed, but around here it's pretty hard to find someone our age that isn't involved with all that shit. Jack fucks a lot of girls too, and I mean a lot. I don't even remember the last time Sammy mentioned him having a serious relationship of 4 plus months with a girl... so why did he just show up at my house out of the blue asking to chill soon..? Who knows, I guess I'll just have to find out.

*later that day*

I had been sitting out in the sun tanning all day in my bathing suit and I woke up to feel my chest burning. I could actually feel my skin baking in the hot California sun. I checked my phone to see the time and it was 45 minutes later since the last time I checked my phone... I must have fallen asleep listening to music while tanning. It was now 4:30 and I had a few texts from Sam. He had asked what I was doing later tonight and wondered if him and Gilinsky could come by after he got out of the studio. I texted back : "I'm free all night, stop by whenever you're always welcome!"

I went inside and got ready to take a shower so I could get all the tanning oil off of my body from earlier today. As I removed my bathing suit top I could see my bright red skin contrasting with my skinny strips of pale skin from where my bathing suit straps had been. Wow, that 45 minutes really took its toll. As I got in the shower I had to make sure the water wasn't too hot otherwise it would kill on my already burnt chest and shoulders. It felt good to get rid of all the greasy oil on my legs and stomach as I used a coconut and milk body wash that smelled amazing.

I opened the shower door and put my dripping wet hair into a towel and made my way into my huge walk in closet and put on some cropped leggings from VS and a cropped shirt that I had cut from one of Sammy's old tee's a while back.

Just as I was done drying my hair and putting some Moroccan oil in it to make it silky soft, I got a text from Sammy saying that him and G would be over tonight around 8:30. It was 6:00 so I decided to make myself a bowl of cereal and just relax before the guys came over.

*8:30 PM*

Right on the dot Jack and Sam rang the doorbell and walked in without me having to answer the door. They both strolled into the foyer and I met them there and greeted each other them with hugs. "Hey Sam, hey Jack!" "Y/n thanks for Having us over and saving us from a boring night" Sam said which I thought was nice but a little odd considering all we did was watch movies or talk when he came over on nights like this.. I hope G didn't try and convince him to draw me into a trap of one of his infamous nights with other girls..

I led them into the main room where there were 5 big bean bags, a flat screen tv, a long sectional, and a bunch of other gaming systems, sound systems and comfy seats that usually entertain and accommodate the boys when they're all over. I didn't want to give them a boring night, which is what they supposedly came over here to avoid so I asked "what do you guys want to do tonight?" Jack and Sammy exchanged glances which made me nervous.. Sam then said "doesn't have to be anything special, chillin here with you is enough" "yeah it doesn't matter we could just watch movies or talk or play games.. really whatever" Jack added. This was nice. Neither of them were really pushing anything which is what I had always enjoyed about Sam the most, but it was unusual for me to see Jack not raging to do anything too promiscuous.

We ended up finding some movie to watch from Netflix thanks to Sammy's suggestion. Sam was seated to my left on the sectional and Jack was on my right. As the night and the movie went on I could see that Sam was tired and i wasn't so sure if it was "the move" or not but Sammy yawned at put his arm around my shoulder. I hear Jack scoff and laugh a bit when he notices what Sam is doing. I look over at sam and his eyes are close to shut and he looks so damn adorable. It's hard to keep telling myself that I'm "just friends" with this boy but I try not to get my hopes up and assure myself that this is just a friendly and brotherly gesture, because in a way, Sam is like a brother to me.. That's how close we are. God i would hate to screw that up.

The movie silence is broken when Gilisnkys phone rings at 11:10 pm, it's Johnson with some news about how their recordings from today sound so he steps out onto my back porch motioning with his hand that it's an important call he has to take. With him gone and his ringtone waking up Sam, Sam ruffles his hands through his messy sleepy hair and then rests his one hand on my knee. I look up at him and he's staring at me, just staring.  What do I do. I can't do anything that could ruin our relationship.. And how do I even know if he feels the same way. I doubt he does. It's too late and I'm not thinking straight.. I should send them both home before something stupid happens.

Sam is staring into my eyes and then breaks the silence that oddly wasn't awkward at all, it was just peaceful silence. Sammy starts by saying "how long was I out, I missed like half the movie?" "Well you looked content sitting there I didn't want to wake you but then G got a call, plus your arm was pretty comfortable" I reply with a shy yet tired smile. Sam reaches over and moves a piece of my hair behind my ear slowly with his hand lingering. Suddenly Jack walks back inside and shoots Sam a look that causes him to quickly retreat his hand from my hair. I wonder what that's about.

As soon as Jack sits back on the sectional in his same spot, Sam says "I've gotta hit the bathroom, but I'll use the one upstairs if that's okay with you, y/n. I always liked the way that soap smelled better" "okay you weirdo" I giggle and say as he gets up off the couch and makes his way up the staircase.

Jack turns and faces me and notices my sunburn revealed by my tee falling off my shoulder. "Damn y/n" he says reaching out to touch it. "Ah ouch," I say sharply wincing from pain "haha I guess it's a lil sore" I add. "Sorry about that" he says looking concerned with big eyes. "Don't worry about it it's fine, I'll just go grab some aloe and rub my chest and shoulders with it." I reassure him. "Do you want some help with that?" He asks. And I'm not sure if it's out of care or if he just wants to rub my chest and shoulders, so I reply with a "um sure I guess, there's a full bottle in the fridge to keep it cold so it heals better." With that, Jack gets up and grabs the aloe from the fridge then wake back to the main room. He sits down and squeezes some aloe into his hands, so I turn my back towards him and he works the aloe around in the palm of his hand before smoothing it onto my shoulder blades. It is so cold it makes my back tense up but his hands are so big and warm that it takes away the coldness given from the aloe and send a whole new chill down my spine. Jacks sleepy and husky voice tells me to "turn around, I'll do your front." I obey and he rubs a handful of frigid aloe on my chest. It's so cold that I close my eyes in pleasure and relief from the burn that the aloe is taking away. He begins to move his hand lower and lower approaching the hem of my low cut tee and nearing my lower chest when Sammy walks back down from using the bathroom.

Sammy coughs to get G's attention and signals it's time for them to head home. Jack gets up from the couch and I thank him for taking care of my sun burn and I give them both hugs. "Thanks again for having us y/n we'll talk to you soon" they both say as they walk out the door.

What just happened tonight. Did Jack flirt with me? And did I save myself from messing up Sam and I's relationship or did I push us farther apart?

A/N: sorry I hadn't updated in forever but I'm back now! Here's a hella long chapter to make up for it!! Vote & comment and follow me on tumblr @feelingilinsky :)