Chapter 1: Panther out

Location: Los Angeles, CA
Time: 10:00pm

I check in my shift, and walk towards the 'employees only' room.

"Hey Marlene, found your new toy yet?" Brittany snickered. The room filled with ooo's from the other girls. I stopped dead in my tracks and turned around.

"Listen Britt, I ain't no prostitute nor a hooker. I don't need no money from other men to keep me living unlike you. Now do me a favor and shut it." I snapped giving her a glare.
She chuckles as she flips her hair to her right shoulder. "I need money from men? You're the biggest streetwalker in LA!" She taunts once again.

Before pushing her into a couch near by, Mr. Ross comes rushing in. He stares at me and Brittany like he knew we were already arguing. "What the hell are you women just standing there! Go out and do you're jobs! Damnit!" He hollers knocking employee's purses down. Cash and change come scattered across the floor, quickly a few women went to grab which started a whole riot.

I sighed placing my belongings on a my hook, and skipping to the restroom. I applied dark cherry lipstick, with dark mascara.

Basically for work, we had to dress like sluts. I'm rumored as a hooker from the street. Which isn't true, but I like the attention. I'm not a hag who needs men's money. I work here to get my money. All I do is deliver drinks like a waitress.

"Get the hell out the bathroom!" A voice yelled from outside twisting the door knob. I rolled my eyes and opened the bathroom door. There stood Julia holding hands with a guy about 5x older then her.

I shook my head walking out the bathroom, hearing her slam the door while I walk away. I reached for tray and walk out the room.

The scent of alcohol invaded my nose, then of sweat.

Gross

Hip-hop music ringed in my ears. Soon all at once the shouts of men and women seducing each other.

I danced through the dancing crowd with flashing lights hitting the floors and walls of the lounge to the bar. I smacked the tray on the counter who scared Tom, our bartender.

"Damn Mar, you scared the hell out me." He shouts through the loud music

Such a scary cat.

"Oh suck it up! I need shots of vodka on this tray, and some beer bottles." I yelled back.

"That's gonna be $30 bucks." He smirks. I roll my eyes pulling cash out my bra, then threw him three tens. Then shoving my cash back into my bra.

Tom nods and starts my orders.

FLASHBACK
A few nights ago

"Hannah, I'm leaving now. You're closing up tonight." I smiled throwing her the keys. "Ok girl, take care and be careful cause I know you crazy." She chuckles catching keys.

"There ain't nothing stopping me! See ya tomorrow!" I yell leaving out the door.

It's pretty hot eighty degree night. I throw my jacket over my shoulder walking down the dark street. I looked over to my watch.

3am

I walked down the sidewalk, swaying my hips side-to-side. I walked past a gang of boys who started to whistle at me. "Girl, I hope you have a sewing machine, cause I'm gonna tear that ass up." A man slurred at me. "Hell yeah, mama got back!" Another shouted. All the men laughed as I walked faster.

I walked past an alley, and heard a growl. I quickly walked backwards into the alley. I looked around and saw this full black yellow eyed panther. I gasped quickly, and remember curiosity killed the cat. I hid myself behind a wall. The sound footsteps walking away ringed my ears. Yes footsteps. I quickly took a glance again, and nothing was there. It probably heard my gasp and ran away, with it's owner or whatever.

I ran out quickly and turned around the next block.

END OF FLASHBACK

"Hello? Marlene!" Tom shouted in my face. I raised an eyebrow at him. "Why you looking at me like that? Your drinks are done." He yells again my face.

I roll my eyes and take the tray in one hand and the other on my hip. I hear a holler for a drink. I skipped over to the booth and smiled. "Let me get two beers and two shots." A thin man ordered looking at his friend then back at me.

I nodded and carefully placed the drinks on the table. "$20 bucks sir." I giggled, playing with my hair. He hands me a twenty dollar bill. Then hands me a five. I give him a brow as he laughs.

"$5 tip, pretty thang." He smiles. He was actually cute, he didn't look like an old pervert. I thanked him and served other people. After a few drinks left on my tray I headed for the dance floor. I offered some free drinks to the dancers.

They gladly accepted, which just makes me laugh. They take anything, even if someone could've spike the drink. I shook my head, and strutted to the bar.

2am

I wanted to check out the panther again. Last time I saw him it was around 3am. I'm checking out in an hour. I'll work longer next shift, to make it up. Thank god I don't close up on Friday's.

~

I grabbed my coat, and purse. "Where are you going?" Tom asked winking. "I'm heading out I don't feel so well." I lied walking towards the door. "Oh whatever you're probably getting your perfect man, cause girl someone need to teach your ass a lesson." He giggles as he cleans the bar. I laugh and stick a finger at him, and he returns the favor. I walked over and checked myself out my shift. I left the lounge. Walking down the same route I walked when I went to the alley.

I arrive and all I hear is a man's yelling and shrieks of glass breaking.

---------------------------------------------

This is my new story, with it's first chapter. Please comment and give me feedback about this. I really enjoy reading you're comments. Stay tuned for the next chapter, I lovee youuuu <3