Serious!???

I could not stop thinking about Nick! The way we talked all night, that kiss, those flowers how romantic he was, it was all like a fairytale. The only thing that was bugging me slightly was that 'thing' that almost happened. I feel bad for Nick as he is almost three years older than me of course he will want 'that' and to be honest looking back at the situation I was ready! I just didn't want to be ready. I've been on dates with so many sleazy, disrespectful guys, how could I not see straight away that Nick was completely different?
He texted me the day after our date and asked to meet up at the local park on Sunday to have a 'romantic' stroll. "Great" I thought I myself I can tell him how I truly feel and hope he feels the same way back.

We met up the next day for our romantic walk in the park. I saw Nick in the distance wearing grey jeans and a red top. He caught a glimpse of me and started smiling and waving. I ran up to him and hugged him for a while. The hug broke and Nick looked into my eyes deeply and slowly pulled me back in for a kiss. It was a slow and gentle kiss but it lasted a while or at least it felt like it did. The kiss then broke and Nick was all smiles, he grabbed my hand and we started walking. As we walked we swayed our hands back and fourth like such a cliche couple. "I missed you yesterday" Nick said with a cheeky grin. "So did I" I said to him retuning the smug look.
"And.. Hey um... That thing that almost happened the other night, can we just put that behind us and pretend like it didn't happen?" Nick stuttered. I turned to look at him with a bit of disappointment in my eyes. "You don't feel ready or your not ready and I'm ok with that, I am honestly happy to wait for you" he continued. That was the sweetest thing a guy had ever said to me, it meant so much that he respected me. "But Nick..." I start to tell him "I am ready. On that night I just... Didn't want to be ready, I wasn't sure if you were going to dump me straight after or something and I only think that because there are so many sleazy guys out there that are like that. But I know now for sure that your not one of them" I told him. "And I am completely ready" I said putting my hands on my hips and twisting my body to be in front of him. We stopped walking as I was blocking our path by standing in front of him. He kept that cheeky grin on his face, started to look up from the ground and nodded his head up and down. "Ok" he said to me. He grabbed me by the waist and pulled me closer and gave me a quick peck on the lips. He held me tighter and we put our foreheads together. Then Nick whispered in my ear "well then, whenever your ready".