Chapter 4

I woke up in the morning and picked the sleep out of my eyes. I walked to my bathroom, splashed my face with water, and dried it with a towel. I looked at the clock. 6:00 (a.m). I sighed and stepped into the shower. I washed my hair with my favourite strawberry shampoo, and washed my body with the matching body wash.

I got out, dried myself and my hair. When I was done that, it was only 7:00 (a.m). I gave my hair a quick straighten, and my makeup on. A few coats of mascara and some lipgloss.

I walked over to my closet and sat there deciding what to wear. I picked a cute, white, lacy shirt on. A pair of dark wash skinny jeans. My favourite ear rings, some bracelets, and my turquoise green purse.

I walked downstairs, and into the kitchen where I found my 4 uncles and my dad gathered around a laptop. Then I heard it, my singing voice echoing through the house. I stopped right in my tracks. And started to walk back quickly up the stairs. But it was to late..

"Scarlett Grace Horan." I turned around slowly to see my dad and 4 uncles staring at me. "Yeah dad?" I said looking at him and biting my lip. "Why didn't you tell me you had such a beautiful voice!" He said happily running over to hug me. I accepted the hug and walked back down the stairs.

"You have a beautiful voice scar." My uncle Harry said to me. I smiled at him. "Thanks Haz." He patted me on the back, and went back to typing on his phone. "You sound better then us when we sing it kiddo." Louis said and winked.

I looked down at my feet and blushed. "Thanks Lou, but I'm not that good." They all looked at me funny. "What?" I said. "You are very good Scarlett!" My uncle Liam said to me. "Yeah, you should perform with us on stage one day." My uncle Zayn said. "Really?" I said. I could feel the smile growing on my face.

"Really." Zayn said sincerely.

I looked at the clock, 8:30 a.m) already?!

"I'm late for school!" I screamed at my dad and pulled him out the door.

"Actually princess, I can't.. Today." I looked down at my feet. "Of course." I could feel the tears well up in my eyes, but I cleared my throat quickly. I wouldn't let him know how he is hurting me.

"Who's driving me then?" I said while looking at my 4 uncles. "Me I guess." Zayn said walking to the front door. I sighed and grabbed my book bag.

"Let's go."

~*~

It was last period and we had math. I sighed and sat there staring at the black board. Well this is fun. I thought to myself.

"Scarlett?" I was interrupted of my thoughts. "Wha- what?" I said breaking out of my trance. "Do you know the answer?" By now the whole class was staring at me. "To what?" The class burst into quiet giggles. My face flushed. "May I be excused please?" I asked my teacher Mr. Lawton.

"Hurry up." He sighed and went back to writing on the board. I quickly jumped out of my seat and out the door.

I reached the bathroom and walked inside. I checked my reflection in the mirror.

But I was interrupted by an alarming sound. It startled me. I looked around wondering what it was. Then I realized.. It was the fire alarm. They didn't announce a drill today? I thought to myself.

Then I froze. Oh no. I ran over to the door and tried to open it, but it was stuck. It wouldn't open. What the heck? Then I heard the announcement.

"This is not a drill. All students exit the building in an orderly fashion please."

I felt a lump in my throat. Then I remembered not to panic because then I wouldn't be able to function. I took a deep breath. And yanked the door again.

And this time to my luck, it opened. I smiled. But when I opened the door, I was greeted by a bunch of black smoke. I started to cough, but I remembered to crawl on the floor. The smoke floats to the ceiling.

I was determined to get out of the school. But I couldn't find the exit. The smoke was getting thicker and my throat was starting to hurt. I swallowed but it was dry and it hurt.

I felt tears start to roll down my cheeks. I couldn't find the exit in time. I collapsed on the floor and my last thought was, 'I love you dad'

And the darkness took over.