Angels

Chapter 2:

{and the end comes too soon, like dreaming of angels}

      Staring into his chocolate eyes, I coughed a few times then averted my own and started to cry. My sobs shook my body as I sat on the sand, my knees pulled up under my chin. In between coughs I hiccupped softly because I could hardly cry anymore.

      "Shh, shh. It'll be okay. I've got you! I've got you!" Mike said, pulling me into his arms and holding me on his lap while we sat on the edge of the beach. My tears must've found themselves again, for they came pouring down my cheeks once more. "Don't cry! Don't cry! I'm sorry! Shhh! It'll be okay! I promise I'm not here to hurt you! Shhh! I'm sorry!"

      My favourite band had just saved me again. Not just through their music this time though, no, their drummer just saved my sorry ass from drowning. He raised my head above the waves just like their music has done for me.

      I pulled Mike a bit closer to me and then stopped, my body becoming rigid and the sobs subsiding.

      I was alive. But I had needed mouth-to-mouth. No one else was on the beach other than Mike and myself.

      My deduction skills proved great as I looked up in shock at Mike, my hand flying to my mouth.

      I'd technically just been kissed, and by Mike Fuentes.

      His face lit up when he saw that I wasn't crying any longer and he gave me a big, long hug.

      "I'm glad to see you're no longer crying. I'll take you home if you'd like, or at least follow behind you in my own car; I just don't feel like you're safe driving home like this." He paused then continued, "What's your name, by the way?"

      "Elizabeth, but you can call me Beth if you don't mind. And whatever's more convenient for you, I guess." I could feel my face burn up as I spoke, keeping myself from looking in his eyes.

       "Well Beth, I'm Mike. I'm going to assume these are yours?" He questioned, picking up my car keys from the ground and dangling them in front of me. I quckly nodded and began to walk towards my car with Mike in tow.

        I started to wobble and he quickly extended his arm around my waist to keep me stable and pulled me to the drivers side of my car, helping me in. I put the key in the ignition and buckled myself in.

         "I'm pretty sure I'm okay driving home if you don't want to follow behind," I sniffled, rubbing my nose with the back of my hand.

          "No no! It's fine! I want to make sure you're okay. I don't want you coming back here, you know." He winked at me and closed my door, walking to his own car right after.

           I drove out of the parking lot and flashed my lights at Mike as we turned each time we turned a corner to get to my house. As we approached the last turn, I flicked my lights once more and entered my driveway.

           Opening his window Mike yelled out to me, "Do you want me to stay a little? Like do you think you're okay or do you want me here? I don't want to over-stay my welcome, but I want you to feel safe!" 

           I walked over to his car and put my hand on his arm, looking into his eyes for the first time since he helped me onto the beach: "I'm fine Mike, thank you though. If you'd like anything before you leave though, I'd be glad to get you something. You can come in for a little, too, if you'd like. You seem to be freezing."

           Mike was sitting in his car shivering, his teeth practically chattering, from when he had to jump into the water to save me. Now, when I think about it, I feel horrible and I can't help but feel that way since I caused him danger.

           "Oh. Okay. Can I have a beer then I guess? You don't mind if I smoke inside, too? I'm kind of stressed out now." He said this uncertainly, but his eyes were pleading with me to smoke.

           "Yeah! Definitely! Come on in!"

           And with that Mike walked into my house.

AN: okay so this is my third part within 4 days and i'm pretty happy with how this is going so far! i rushed through this a bit because i wanted it to be done by my friend Melissa's birthday (whom this is dedicated to up above) so i just wanna say happy sixteenth birthday baby girl eheheh c: