Black Hawk Down (Chapter 8)

I woke up near Virginia Beach feeling tired and missing Season. My reverie was abruptly broken by someone yelling, “Hold on!” Suddenly the chopper swerved widely.

“Oh shit!” shouts heavy in terror. I look out the window and see RPG teams firing on the convoy, when suddenly a missile strikes a Blackhawk.

“Shit!” I exclaim, “They’re taking down our boys!” The Blackhawk’s tail was struck and it began to spin uncontrollably, before it finally smashed into a nearby building. “FUCK!” bellows Captain. Taylor, knowing the likelihood if it happening to us what high. Suddenly a rocket comes barreling towards us.

“Hang On!” yelled the pilot in front, the sound of his control stick being yanked around clearly audible over the explosions. I felt a rattling as the helicopter had a momentary lack of control- the tail of the chopper had been hit.

 “Dammit!” shouts Rhino, the Hawk beginning to spin wildly.

 I told barked my orders out, “Let’s Go! Jump for it!” I ran to the tip of the chopper and leapt off, pulling the cord on my parachute. Behind me jumps Delta squad. I remember closing my eyes for a moment and feeling the sensation of flying and the fear I felt afterwards. I landed on the sand on Virginia Beach.

Captain Taylor desperately tried to radio in, “Command, this is Delta Force, we have crashed on Virginia Beach. There’s hostile everywhere. Request immediate extraction!”

 “RPG!” screams Zero.

 “Get to cover now!” yells Captain Taylor. I grab my rifle and start firing.

“Dammit they’re everywhere!” Rhino mutters to himself.

“Suppressing fire on that house!” Spirit instructs, trying to divert his men’s attention from their current perils by occupying their minds.

I run and jump behind the sand dunes. I take a deep breath and grab a smoke grenade. I pop the cap and toss it, ordering, “Go now!” The squad ran in a loose formation full speed towards a beach house by a large hotel. I grabbed my rifle and joined my squad in sprinting towards the hotel. We ran as fast as we could towards the Ramada Hotel, and used my shoulder to jump through the window. I fell to the floor with glass everywhere. I began to stand up when suddenly I hear a loud scream and someone rams their knee right into my stomach. Instinctively, I cocked my fist back and punched him in the face. He fell back and without haste he got back up and ran at me again, tackling me to the ground. He started to punch me left and right. I tried to fight back but he was too strong. He then put his hands around my neck and started to choke me. In panic, I reached around for anything I could use to buy myself some time. After two seconds of searching, my right hand rested on a piece of sharp glass which I picked up. I grabbed it and with one hard swing, I sliced my opponent’s throat. 

His eyes widened in a surreal, almost cartoony way. I felt the grip on my neck was beginning to weaken, as blood fell onto my face. He quickly released me and grabbed his throat trying to halt the bleeding and staunch the wound. I pushed him off of me, and tried to stand up. He weighed a ton. I said out loud “You fat fuck…”

Suddenly the door next to me bursts open and out storm North Korean troops. They kick the body off of me and another soldier kicks me in the face. They start shouting and giving orders in their language. Before I knew it, I was being dragged to a random location. I tried to fight back but they took out knives and started slashing me, being careful to only create shallow cuts. They picked my body up again and started to drag me. I was bleeding badly. Next moment, I knew I was saved. I heard gunfire and my captors who were dragging me fell to the floor as did I. I was barely able to keep my eyes open but I could still hear. A familiar voice rang out: