Chapter 10

Luke carried me up the stairs and laid me in my bed after the movie. He was going to leave but I grabbed his sleeve  and pulled him close to me scooting over on the bed. I turned over on my other side getting comfortable when I felt 2 strong arms hugging me closer. His hands were protectively around my baby bump. We both fell asleep in a minutes.

Sometime during the night I was awoken by a crash coming from downstairs. I jolted up and looked at the door thinking someone was going to bust through. Apparently Luke heard it too because he got up and grabbed the baseball bat that was under my dresser. He quietly walked towards the door.

"Don't come downstairs unless I tell you to." He said sternly in a whisper. I was too scared to do anything so I just looked at him." Do you understand me?" He asked. I nodded my head.

"Be careful." I whispered in concern. He quietly opened the door and shut it behind him. I waited for what seemed like forever until I heard a small noise. I had to check what was going on. He could be laying on the ground dead. I quietly opened the door and headed to the stairs. I took them one at a time quietly. It was dark at the bottom ,and I couldn't see anything.

"Luke?" I called out. I know that's how you get killed in horror movies nut so was walking down into the dark when someone doesn't return. I didn't get an answer only a rustling. I went to the bottom and turned on the light. My heart stopped as I turned around. Luke was on his knees with his hands behind his head and the bat in Marley's hand with a gun pointed at his head in the other. Luke looked at me with a look that told me to not do anything stupid. He knew me so well.

"Why hello Ava." She said with a grin on her face. "I thought our phone call was pretty clear was it not?" She asked turning her grin in to a frown like she was playing a game and acting the the killer who acts like a kid.

"Wait what? You guys spoke?" Luke asked confused. I couldn't speak or move at this point so she explained.

"Oh yeah, nothing much really. I just told her to distance herself from you so that I could date you and have sex with you and marry you and she could never have you again. And if she didn't then I'd kill her and her baby." She answered finally giving up the truth.

" Look, put the gun down. You don't need to shoot him when this is obviously between you and me. Nobody needs to get hurt." I finally said taking a step towards her.

"You're right." She said giving me a smile." It's not about him."Marley said as she pointed the gun at my face and turning her smile in to a angry frown," It's about you." These words were the last thing that she spoke before my life flashed before my eyes. She aimed the gun at my chest and squeezed the trigger. I felt the bullet enter my body with a painful blow. My legs buckled under me and I collapsed. My head hit the ground before my back which sent a ringing through my ear. I put my hand on the wound and pulled it to my face to where I could see it. Fear and pain rushed through my body as I saw it was covered in blood. I gasped for air as a dark cloud slowly started to creep over my eyes from the corners like I was going to sleep. I heard Luke yelling, "Noooo!" as he got up and tackled her to the ground and nocking her out. He ran to my side putting a hand on my wound and using his other to take out his phone and call 911. I was wheezing and gasping as my eyes started to flutter shut.

"No no baby hang on the ambulance is coming just stay with me." And by now he was crying hard. A stray tear fell from my eye. He took his hand and wiped it away and buried his head in my neck. " Please don't leave me yet. I need you with me. I need you in my life. I can't be here without you baby." But by the time he looked up at me my eyes were closed and my breathing was slowed.

__________________________________

A/N: OMG WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED is a very logical question you may be asking yourself. I was looking back and editing chapters and there were so many changes and corrections I needed to make I am amazed you guys still read this shit but thanks anyways babes!😘