#Dontjudgechallenge

Of thoughts and rants

Ok I am still new to wattpad basically a wattpad virgin. But man do I love to rant and share my thoughts. But rarely does that happen because I'm kind of shy. But if you get me going I will get going, think of a calm soda bottle that gets shaken up and fizzes over that is basically me. Anyway I thought what better of a way to get my rant on than wattpad? So without further a do lets a go!

Ok so to start off let me start off with something that has been grinding my gears lately.

The #Dontjudgechallenge.

It started off with a beauty blogger posting a selfie without makeup saying that you do not need makeup that you are beautiful no matter what. This is just the jist of the story I don't know all of the details.

And it was so sweet and cute and made me so happy. Because as a beauty blogger you are, expected to put up a made up appearance.

And then it morphed into something really ugly. At first sweet and cute then ugly and bad, think a gremlins transformation.

It then changed into a challenge where you give yourself "flaws" such as: Freckles, acne, glasses, gap teeth, unibrows, etc.

And then you transform from ugly duckling into gorgeous swan. By getting rid of the flaws and revealing your own super cute self with before and after photos showing the hash tag don't judge.

First off, what kind of girlsgogames kind of shit is this?! I have hella bad acne and it does not just disappear like that. Believe me.

And secondly and more importantly, when you do this, showing these attributes as if they're ugly. You make people with these attributes feel bad about themselves. So shame on you

I realize some of these people have the goal of making feel better about themselves. But it seems most people are doing to see how cute they can be. Not all, but it seems like most.

So I beg of you please do not do this. This is not a good thing.