1.

Why am I here? My feet carry me towards the balcony. When there, I slowly place my hands on the iron grills blocking me from falling out. My loosely hung sweater covers my thumbs so I gently slide it along the spirals of the grills.

       As the wind wips through the air making the leaves dance in delight at the ever approaching rain, I smile to the ground.

      And then the rain hits the ground hard. Making the soil Smell wonderful. And the darkness seems as if the sun is hiding behind the clouds scared to peek out and spoil the beauty. As if its stuck between choosing to let darkness fall or light.

      Then we're kids again. Getting wet in the rain. Both if us in our regular clothes catching on to our rather skinny figures.  As the rain makes our hair stick to our faces. We keep wiping our faces when the rain hits hard.

    "Jared?" I scream looking around. Someone covers my eyes with their hands and says, "guess who?". "Jared, I know it's you" i say giggling. He takes of his hands off and I turn around to face him as he was laughing. His dimples were so deep and his smile was so big. It was contagious. Before I knew it we were both laughing as he pulled me towards the garden. He made me sit on the slide as he pushed me. I slid down so fast , I fall on my butt. He was laughed so hard while cluching his stomach. But I couldn't get angry and spoil the moment.

     So I dragged him along to one of the benches. We both sat down . And looked at each other. Just looking and taking in the each other's appearances. Like we weren't going to see each other again Then I exhaled and looked away.

    He took my hand in his. And forced up my pinky finger. He intertwined our pinkies. He wispered" Best friends". I nodded and closed my eyes.

   Forever, I thought

     I felt him get up. He tapped my shoulder . So I looked up at him. I jumped up took his hand and we ran in the raining. I jumped in one of the puddles to splash water on him. "Eww" he said as the mucky water fell on his face.

     And we  kept jumping in puddles and running in the rain.

       "Joy?" I was still in the balcony thinking about you." Comin mom" I said as I looked at the rain and whispered forever and ran back inside.