This Did Not Go Over Well...

After what seemed like hours of hugging and crying and questioning my whole existence, I brought them to what would hopefully be their new home. The Curtis House.

Alexandria and I walked side by side while Gabriella snuggled herself into my arms. I took the safest path back home avoiding as many socs as possible.

We had to stop every once in a while so that Alexandria could steady herself. This is the first time she has had fresh air her entire life so it made her light headed. She also hasn't eaten more than an Apple in a week, while Gabriella hasn't eaten more than 3 apples in a week. They were week and I ended up practically carrying both of them home. But they were light.

When we got home Alexandria's legs pretty much gave out and I was holding her up while trying to open the door. Really, holding two people while trying to open a door is hard so I pushed the doorbell with my nose.

I heard someone grumble something inside then someone stomped over to the door. It was Two-bit. When he opened the door to see two of me and a 3 year old girl he yelled Darry's name and ran behind the couch.

Darry came stumbling in and Steve and Johnny woke up. (They were sleeping on the floor in the leaving room.) Darry instantly saw Alexandria about ready to pass out and rushed her over to the couch. Darry seemed oblivious to the fact that there are two of "me" and was attended to her wounds.

Two-bit cautiously walked over to me and stared at Gabriella who just stared right back.

"Uh, Rylee? Why is there a toddler and another you in the house."

I laughed nervously.

"Well... the thing is I kind of went to a walk all by myself and I kinda sorta ran into my parents and brother. My mom is the only one who is suppose to be alive but yet my dad and brother was there and perfectly happy with my apparent twin and younger sister. They left them with me."

"What?!" Darry exploded. "You left the house at this late at night in that condition! Do you have any idea what could've happened?"

Alexandria and I both flinched. In New York this would've ended with me on the floor bloody and bruised. That was only anytime my parents would get mad at me. All the time.

Ok, pause for a minute.

I know that I was going on and on about how my family is so amazing and that my mom would never try to kill me earlier, but I have not told the whole story.

My parents were not the best people in the world, they beat me and starved me. They wanted me to be like them. My brother was so they absolutely adored him, but not me.

My parents stole from banks and stores, sometimes even orphanages and charity. I know that I stole too, but only to gain their approval. I might have shop lifted a pack of cools for my dad and a couple of booze for my mom, but that is it. The whole Ruff Ry thing wasn't noticed because my brother shot and almost killed the mayor and got sentenced to 10 years in the cooler.

He escaped. They were going to kill him after those 10 years. When he escaped I saw him walkin home and ran up to him. He hugged me and kissed my head, but in the middle of our reunion, we got jumped. He was "killed." He still looks alive to me.

Even though they were so horrible to me, I thought they were amazing. I thought that it was my fault that they beat me. I thought I was wrong, that I did something bad. I thought they beat me to teach me. To turn me into a better person.

So every time they beat me, I tallied it. Then I would cut myself the amount of tallies.if you were to count them, you'd reach beyond 100. I thought that they beat me because I was a bad person, so I decided a horrible person like me does not deserve a pain free life.

Yet I was grateful because begin the stupid person I was, I thought they were trying to make me a better person.

There, my parents weren't perfect. At. All. Completely and utterly the opposite of perfect.

I was spaced out until the smell of cake filled the room, then my stomach tightened in pain. The gang, well all except for Pony and Dally who were still asleep, were eating cake. Darry was watching Alexandria shackily put a small piece of cake in her mouth while making something else for Gabriella. Soda walked in yawning.

"Hey, Ryls. I was sleeping when I smelteted the delicious smell of cakes."

Soda has really bad grammer. Steve looked up at me and waved his cake around.

"Ya want a piece Ryls?"

I shook my head.

" Na, it'll get me feeling sick."

"Oh come on Ryls just one bite? How about this, you wake up the rest of the gang and I cut you a little piece?"

"No,"

He sighed.

"I'll just keep begging until you do. Please, please, please, please, please, please, please, plea-"

"All right I'll have a small piece!" I gave in annoyed.

I stomped over to the room where Pony and Dally were and yelled the only word that could get the whole gang up in a matter of seconds.

"Cake!"

Pony shot up and ran to the living room, falling in the process. Dally did the same thing, only he was so tired that he didn't even realize that I was there. I chuckled and followed behind him quietly. I peeked around the corner and saw Dally staring at Alexandria.

"What the hell happened to her? Why is she all skinny and dirty?! Rylee, what did you do?!"

Alexandria was staring at me scared.

"Rylee? Who is this?"

Dally gasped.

"She doesn't remember anything, we have to get her to the hospital!"

I laughed and Dally turned around. His eyes popped open as he glanced in between us. Then he did the least likely thing that he would ever do, The great Dallas Winston, fainted.