chapter 3

I wake up to the sound of chairs being banged against tables and pans being slammed onto surfaces. Basically another normal morning in this house. I lean over onto my desk and grab my phone I then wait for the screen to appear before checking my notifications.

Just as I thought I have several texts off harry, he must have been texting all through the night. I manage to type a simple message before I stumble out of my room and into the kitchen. It's so convenient having a room on the same floor as the kitchen, I don't have to walk far to get anything which is always a bonus.

I collapse onto the chair waiting for a member of my so called family to notice my presence nope; no one even bothers to look at me they are all too busy focusing on our parents ripping each other's throats out. I decide to make some coffee whilst I wait for everyone to calm down. My ancient phone begins to vibrate in my pocket, it's harry. I answer it whilst rushing into a quieter room.

"Hi Harry"

"Hey, are you okay?"

"I'm fine, how are you?"

"Good, are you doing anything today?"

"No, I don't think I am why?"

"Do you want to meet up I don't want to stay at home today"

"Maybe I'll have to ask but I should be able too"

"Okay, I'll pick you up in an hour bye"

"Wait-"the line goes dead before I can finish my sentence. I wonder why he is so eager to get out.

I try to find one of my parents but they aren't here thank god. I wonder where they are though. They better not are killing each other in public. The only person I find in the house is charlotte who was snogging the face off her boyfriend. Charlotte is 16 years old, my older sister and every little thing I do she reports to my mum.

"Charlotte, where's mum and dad?"

"Out, poppy has gone with them"

Great who do I ask?

"Okay, I'm going out in half an hour if they come back tell them where I am"

I rush upstairs to get ready and set off, I meet harry at the bottom of my street where we arranged to meet and we decide to go to the local park not too far from us.

"What's wrong are you okay?" I ask after several minutes of silence.

"Nothing" he sighs "just family that's all"

"I understand, trust me"

We begin to talk about our sad excuses for lives to try and get to know each other a little better and it turns out that we are pretty similar. I find myself being captured by his handsome face and amazing curls, my crush on him growing more and more as the day went on.

It got pretty late before we started to make our way back home. Harry insisted on walking me home, whom I couldn't resist but I felt pretty bad because he had to walk back alone. He stood talking to me for at least an hour, he came up with random stories to try and keep me interested just so he didn't have to say goodbye. When he ran out of things to say he shifted awkwardly on his feet, edging closer each second until he connected his lips with mine, so softly you could barely feel it, but I didn't care my heart was still racing.

That first moment two years ago I will never forget, I will never forget how it felt. I can't believe that now we are here, hoping and praying that for once in his life this boy will have something positive come into his life.