Chapter Three

Chapter Three

Alexia’s POV

Saying that my mate was possessive would be an understatement. The fact that I had been in his pack house for six days now, and I hadn’t met anyone apart from the beta and third in command, told me what he was truly like.

He didn’t like to share, that was clear enough, but he wouldn’t even introduce me to any of the female wolves because he was scared that I would use them to run. But that was probably the wise thing to do, even though I had began to lose the will to run away, I didn’t get on very well with the female population.

Females were too bitchy for my liking, they would put up a nice facade, and then they would drop a bombshell, they weren’t the person you expected them to be. Even though, Male werewolves were very possessive and could get very hormonal, they were better company in the long run, at least they would be straight with you.

“What are you thinking about?”

I snapped out of my thoughts and turned to Hunter, who had joined me, looking out of the window, “Er...nothing...”

He stared at me for a second, judging me and then released a sigh, “Alexia, I love you and you may not love me...yet...but, I need you to be honest with me...”

I gulped but turned back to look at the sun setting, just above the tree tops in the forest, just half a mile away. It was November, and the days were getting shorter with the temperatures getting lower, day by day.  Hunter had been out dealing with some pack things, whilst I was left in his quarters back at the pack house, with Jackson, who had recently apologised to his Alpha.

“Alexia...” He whispered in my ear, “Please, I need to know if something is troubling you; it pains me to see you upset...”

I turned around and sighed, “I’m not upset... I’m just thinking...”

I smiled at him reassuringly and then walked over to the bed and sat on it. We were sharing a room, but I had refused to share a bed with him and despite him being a little annoyed with this, he seemed to understand and agreed to give me time.

He joined me in the bedroom, and sat on a nearby chair, with his chest pressed up against the back of the chair, and his arms wrapped around it, his legs around the chair legs.

“Do you wish to come with me tomorrow?” He asked, with a small smile.

“Go with you, where?” I asked confused.

“Well, I’m sure you want to get out and about, get to know the area, so you could come with me on pack business, and I can show you around...”

I leant back against the headboard, “Are you sure... I mean, do you want people to meet me?”

“Of course I do!” He exclaimed, “You are my mate and their soon-to-be Luna, well once we mate...”

I gulped, “Once we mate?”

He nodded, “Of course... To be a proper Luna, we are going to have to mate and then we get work on producing an heir to take over as Alpha when he’s of age...”

“When he’s of age?” I asked confused, “Why not she?”

He rolled his eyes, “Alexia, everyone knows that Alpha’s are to be male. The Alpha runs the pack, and his mate, the Luna is to help him. If we were to have a daughter, her mate would be Alpha and would be in charge. I would much prefer to have a son, so the title stays in the family...”

“What’s wrong with a female Alpha?” I challenged.

He rubbed his face with the palm of his hand, “Because that’s how it has always been. The males are in charge and the females follow, that’s how it works. That why they have the position of Luna, it’s so the Alpha can always be male...”