Chapter Eight:

||||| Saren- Chapter Eight:

I'm searching through the wreckage: I'm pulling pieces of rubble away and looking for anything that could be of use. I hear the roar of an engine as it kicks into starting. I watch as the top of the Chevelle zips across the top of the country grass, and Darien drives away. I sigh, angrily, and slap my hands against my temples.

He's gone... andall he left was a damn ruffle bag and some clothes.

||||| Darien- Chapter Eight:

I race down the road, flaring with anger. The car easily whizzes past the speed-limit, but the rush of it is addictive. I let my hands drive more than anything else, and they follow the same familiar movements I've practiced hundreds of times. I'm slamming my fists on her door before I even realize I'm out of the car.

"Darien?" she opens the door, and I see her dressed in nothing but her bra and underwear. I glance at her blonde hair and brown eyes, but it doesn't feel anything like before. I'm kissing her on the blaze of feelings, and I'm pushing her to the bed. "What're you doing here?" she pushes away slightly, guarding my view of her bedroom.

"I'm your boyfriend-" I kiss her again, but just as I push her inside her room, I find two sets of clothes on the floor. "What-"

"No, Darien!" I walk inside to find a man naked on her bed. "It's not what you think-"

"What I think?!?! Then, what is it exactly, Maggie?!"

"We just-"

"Cheated. That's what you did." I carry myself out the door. "We're done." I jog and slam myself into the car. She runs out the door with a robe, and just as she bangs the hood, I speed in reverse. The wing whips my face as I drive with the windows open and the rain smacks the leather like fists.