Chapter 3

Raven's POV

I exit the office with a big smile on my face. Who knew she would believe me so easily? After entering my Porsche, I dial the number of that one person who'd be extremely happy to hear this news.

"I got the job Don. " The corner of my lips turn up slightly as he congratulates me.

"You know what to do next."

"Yes sir." And with that, the conversation ends.

From tomorrow, dear Ms. Ashworth, will be the beginning of your downfall.

The next day*

All eyes were trained on me as I pranced through the Ashworth office. There were two reasons for that.

One. Because I used to be the infamous financial manager of this company's rival.

And second. Because I was simply that hot.

Not to be too conceited, but it's not everyday you get such great eyecandy to ogle at. Today, I wore a black shirt, unbottoned a little beneath my collarbone to reveal a hint of my toned pecs. From the way my female coworkers were raping me with their eyes, I knew I looked...pretty darn hot. Sighing, I think to myself, 'now even my black-haired beauty of a boss wouldn't be able to resist Raven Carter's alluring charms.'

Suddenly, a hot chick in a black mini skirt passes by giving me a wink. And damn, did she look fine!

"Hey!" I call out to her. "Want to know what people are saying behind your back?"

"What?" she says turning around.

"Nice Ass!" I reply as she chuckles. I got that off of google by the way.

Hehe! Women are so easy to please.  

I finally saunter my way over to to my boss's office only to find her engrossed in a conversation with a pregnant employee. Feeling a little awkward, I'm just about to walk back out when she calls out my name.

"You may come in, Mr. Carter."

A little hesistant at first, I eventually walk over to the sofas, placed a few feet left from her office table, and take a seat. Looking for something to busy myself, I grab a Forbes magazine and pretend to read it while eavesdropping on their conversation at the same time.

"Mam, would you please grant me a 6-month maternity leave? I promise, as soon as I'm done with the delivery, I'll be back for work."

"Miss Diana, as a woman, I'd say you should take an 8 month leave so that you've enough time to spend with your baby. However, you must understand I'm also a boss with a big company to run. I'll let you have a 6-month leave however, in the meantime, you'll be managing the company's website from home if you want an income. Can you do that?

"Yes ma'am, I was just going to ask you about my job."

"Don't worry about that. I have already hired someone on a 6-month contract to take your place. You can claim back your position after you're done with the delivery."

"Thank you ma'am. I'm really grateful to you."

"It's no big deal. And congratulations for the baby."

"Thanks," and with that, she exits the office. After her departure, I make my way to my boss's table and sit on a chair facing her. She was wearing a cream collared shirt today with a polka dot blue and grey scarf around her neck, whereas, covering her legs were loose black pants paired with white pumps.

Aw man! I was hoping she'd atleast wear a skirt, bare legs or with some sexy, lacy stockings. Boss, you're no fun. Plus, she didn't even glance at my chest! At this rate, I will never be able to seduce her.