Chapter 8

Abby's POV:

Well, needless to say, I was in shock after he said that. I just stood there awkwardly looking at my feet and fiddling with my fingers. From the far spectrum of my vision, I could see that he was sitting there, just as awkward as I was. I opened my mouth to say something to end the awkwardness but he started at the same time. Out of respect, we both shut up and looked at each other to say something. After another few awkward moments like this, he decided to speak up.

"Sorry about that. I just wanted him out of here! I really hope this wont affect out friendship!". He looked at me with pleading eyes and he looked like he really wanted a friendship.

"Umm, okay." I replied, "but you owe me. Big time.", and with a little smirk, I went to his desk and grabbed a spare piece of paper.

Brandon's POV:

I followed her to my desk and watched her as she wrote down a set of numbers.

"My phone number. You know, just in case you want to hang out," she said. "Now are you going to take me home or what?"

I took the sheet of paper and said, "Sure. Okay... Lets go". I couldn't think of anything else to say. 

Her house was in the next town and so we filled the trip asking filler questions and making small talk. When we got to her house, I realized that she must have been rich. Her house huge and it had a gate and a driveway and everything. She used some app on her phone to open up the gate and smirked at me when she saw the look on my face.

As I drove down the driveway, her house came into full view. It was the sort of house you would see in the Hamptons. We got out and before I could say anything, a rugby ball flew out of nowhere and hit me on the side of my head. I fell to the ground and when I went to stand, I was greeted by a hand. The hand belonged to a tall handsome guy. I took his hand and noticed how tall he actually was. He was around 6 foot 2 which dwarved my 5 foot 9. Abby said, "Oh yeah, meet my brother Andrew."

Andrew looked at me with a childish grin and asked, "And what would your name be?"

I was flustered and muttered "Brandon", not quite meeting his eyes. 

"Well Brandon," he said. "Nice to meet you!"