Chapter 1

Skylar has always been into singing. Ever since she was young, she was always singing or humming a tune. For her sixth birthday, her parents bought her a piano. It wasn't the best piano, but, it was better than nothing. For her ninth birthday, her mother bought her a guitar, since she has been asking for one for a few months now. Her mother bought her a cheap, small, red guitar that was just her size. She never let it out of her sight.

When her parents died in a brutal car accident 3 years ago just before her 16th birthday, she stopped everything -- including singing. She threw everything in the storage. She finished high school with straight A's and a loving boyfriend, Shawn, who soon picked up her broken pieces.

Skylar decided to move to a new neighborhood, attempting to start fresh. She threw out her piano but kept her guitar, the only thing she has left from her mother -- a part from a necklace her mother gave her for her twelfth birthday.

                                                                                                ~

Skylar walked into her room and over to her guitar, grabbing it, and sitting down on her bed. she strummed a few chords before getting into one of her favourite songs.

can't believe you're

packing your bags,

trying so hard

not to cry,

had the best time,

and now it's the

worst time,

but we have to

say goodbye..

Skylar continues to sing.

don't promise that you're gonna write,

don't promise that you'll call,

just promise that you wont forget

we had it all..

"you sing?!" a voice booms from the doorway, startling Skylar. She stopped strumming and looks over at the door. Her best friend, Courtney, is standing there with a shocked expression on her face. She walks into the room, pulling a chair and sitting down in front of Skylar. "Continue," Courtney encourages Skylar and she smiles, looking down at the guitar before continuing the song.

'cause you were mine

for the summer,

now we know it's

nearly over,

feels like snow

in September,

but we always will remember,

you were my

summer love,

you always will be my

summer love..

Skylar stops strumming and looks up at Courtney who started singing along with her. she smiles as Skylar continues to play.

"You're so good!" Courtney squeals as the song ended. "You should really think about posting covers on Youtube!" Skylar immediately shakes her head.