Chapter 4

Shawn and Skylar are sitting at the kitchen table, across from one another. 

After she invited Shawn in to talk, Courtney mouthed 'text me later' before walking out the door, shutting it gently behind her. Skylar made some coffee before sitting down across from Shawn. 

Her stomach drops as she hears the sentence she never thought she would ever hear from him. 

"I don't think this can go on any longer. You and me." 

"I promise nothing will come between you and I." 

his exact words echoed in her mind, playing over and over again. 

Skylar takes a sip of her coffee, thinking about what to say. She has been thinking about this for a few days. Ever since Shawn received the email about Los Angeles, she had this nervous feeling in her stomach. Like, something wasn't right. Or maybe she just worries too much. 

"Skylar?" With her name being called, she snaps out of her thoughts and glances up at Shawn. 

She just nods, not saying a word. She's not in a fighting mood. She hates arguments and negativity. She always has. Plus, she has already accepted the fact that they may not last, anyways. It is what it is. 

"That's is?" Shawn raises his eyebrows, expecting a bigger reaction from her. You know, now that he's going to be famous soon. 

She narrows her eyes. What did he want? Did he want her to be crying? Did he want her to be on her knees, begging for him to stay? Fuck that. She has never been the clingy type anyways. She follows the quote everything happens for a reason. Nothing lasts forever and certainly nothing will stay the same. "What do you mean that's it?" 

"I just mean, it's like you don't even care. Like it meant nothing to you," He shrugs, standing up. 

'More like it meant nothing to you'  Skylar says in her mind, not bothering to say it aloud. 

Skylar decides to stand up, too. This conversation is done, anyways. She follows him to the door. 

"Well, nice knowing you." Shawn nods at Skylar and turns around, walking out the door.