Chapter 2

A few weeks went by since Skylar uploaded her first video. She made a schedule to post a cover every Sunday which, she has surprisingly been accomplishing.

It was a Saturday afternoon and Skylar was trying to convince Shawn to watch a movie with her. 

"Come on, we haven't watched a movie together in a while," Skylar whines and Shawn sighs, looking up at the ceiling. 

"Fine, let me just check my e-mail and we'll watch whatever you want to watch." Skylar smiles, feeling successful and walks over to where all the movies are neatly stacked on a shelf. 

"Holy shit," Shawn's sudden reaction made Skylar stop what she was doing and turn around.

"What?" She walks up to where Shawn is sitting and glances at the laptop screen. 

"I just got an e-mail from Capital Records," Skylar eyes widen and she covers her mouth, waiting to hear the news she was dreading to hear..

"They're signing me. I move to California in 3 days!" Shawn's excitement is clear on his face as he turns to look at Skylar. His smile fades a little when he notices her expression. 

"What's wrong, Sky?" Skylar immediately puts on a smile and shakes her head lightly. She's not going to bring his mood down about this. This is good for him. He gets to do what he dreams of. 

"Nothing." Shawn grabs Skylar's hand, looking her straight in the eye. 

"I promise I wont forget about you when i get famous," he jokes, cracking a smile before standing up and walking over to the shelf of movies. 

"So, what do you want to watch?" Shawn asks, changing the subject. Skylar walks over, grabbing a movie off the shelf, smirking. Her face tells everything. Shawn sighs, grabbing the movie from her hand and walking over to the DVD player. 

"The Fault In Our Stars it is." He pops it in and sits down on the couch where Skylar was already sitting. 

~

"Why do you like this movie? It's just filled with sadness," Shawn complains and Skylar giggles. 

"Oh come on, it's not that bad! Plus Ansel Elgort is a hottie," Shawn just rolls his eyes, standing up. 

Skylar has calmed down a little about the e-mail Shawn recently received. She decided to accept the fact that something was bound to happen, whether she liked it or not. Plus, Shawn promised her nothing was going to change between them. 

"What do you want for dinner? Since i'm leaving in 3 days, I was thinking we could go out somewhere to eat. We haven't been out together for a while," Skylar smiles and nods. The last time they went out was at least 2 months ago. Her 19th birthday.