Chapter 13: Is she okay?

Chapter 13   - Liam’s POV –

We all lean against the wall outside of Rylie’s hospital room, a cloud of anxious depression hangs over us all.

Of course, the worst out of all of us is Louis and Toby, even though we are all extremely upset.

I stand up and stretch my legs, “I’m going to go get coffee if anyone wants to come?”

Everyone just shakes their heads except for Josh who hops up and joins me.

We start to walk toward the cafeteria in silence when Josh speaks up “I need to talk to you Liam”

A look of sadness passes over Josh’s face “Of course, lets get our coffee and then sit over there” I say pointing to a lounge area.

We get in line for our coffee and I pay for and thank the lady behind the counter, then Josh and I head over to the lounge area.

There is two girls sitting there and squeal when we come over, they are really nice though and respect our privacy and walk away. I smile at them and so does Josh.

We take our seats and look at Josh, he seems to be sorting htrough his thoughts “So, what did you need to talk to me about?” I ask him.

He looks up at me as tears start to gather in his eyes “I got a call from home” he starts “my baby sister, Lizzy, is in the hospital with serious leukemia, and they don’t know if she is going to make it”

The tears finally pour over and I reasurre him “everything will be fine, I promise, just take some time off, and go visit Lizzy!”

He nods “but Liam, they are almost posititve she wont make it and if she doesn’t then I will have to stay there, in Ontario with my family!”

“I undertand Josh, just do what you have to do!” I tell him, I’m not sure what to say but I know I need to be supportive.

“I think I’m going to have to quit the band. Even if it turns out that se is fine its just to far away from home!” more tears stream down his face.

I cant speak tears start to run down my face as well “Wait” I suddenly realize “who is going to adopt Rylie then? Assuming she is fine, which she will be!”

“I already thought of that” he replies “I was thinking Katie and Niall should adopt her because her and Katie are already really close, and they are already engaged so its not like they are going to break up.

I agree with him and we stand up, we give each other a hug. We start to head back over to where our depressed looking bunch of friends are perched.

Katie’s POV

I feel Niall shift nervously beside me. None of us have barely said anything since we arrived other than Liam and Josh getting coffee.

They had both just gotten back and they kept looking at Niall and I. I will have to ask them what it was about later.

A doctor finally walks out of Rylies room and everyone jumps up and Niall squeezes my hand for reassurance.

But the doctor disappoints us by saying “I’m sorry, a doctor will be out to tell you her condition in a moment.”

We all slump back down to the ground, I use my free hand to hold Louis hand, he is taking this harder than anybody!

After another 10 minutes a doctor finally comes out and asks if we are Rylie Lawence’s friends or family?

We hop up and nod solemly “I’m so sorry to have to be the one to break it to you but I’m afraid Rylie has slipped into a coma.”

Hey, so how did you like this chapter? I am sorry its so short and if there are any mistakes because I was typing on my phone! Josh is leaving?!?! :( 

Thanks a bunch to @heartofgrey for the amazing book cover!!!! I love it!!!! :) <3

Thanks for reading! Please comment and vote! If you have any suggestions I will be more than happy to listen to them! 

Thankyou! :) <3