Waking up

I dreamt of my torture; every stab, gash and broken bone, every word spoken but most of all...the pain. The immense pain of my broken body being broken even more; the pain of betrayal from those closest to me. There were time when these memories were interrupted, times that I thought I had died, when I saw a beautiful entity. But then the memories came back. Flashes of my months in that prison, my eighteen years of beatings by my own family... I couldn't stand it. All those memories going on and on in a never ending loop. Words swirling around in my head; telling me I'm useless, that I was a mistake, That NO ONE cared about me.

I startled awake screaming and cry, thrashing around despite the stabbing pain in my body. I felt hands try to hold me down and voices yelling incomprehensible words. Flashes of images assaulted my mind, my powers were out of control. I didn't want to open my eyes to see what was going on but I could hear things in the room being thrown around. I kept struggling against the hands when I something that smelled really weird covered my mouth and nose. I began to get dizzy, I felt myself losing consciousness. I struggled to stay awake, it was no use. I fell into the inky blackness; this time, without dreams.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I woke up with a start. I felt straps holding my body down. All the voices were still chattering around me.

"Kare ga mewosamasudesu!" A man's voice exclaimed (he's waking up!)

Way to state the obvious mister. I opened my eyes to see... (I was gonna stop there but, it would be a REALLY short chapter) a wooden room with torches on the walls. I couldn't really see much else because I was tied to this...bed?

"C-can you untie me?" I say quietly. All the noise and bustling in the room stopped. I waited but they didn't do anything so I repeated it a little louder.

"Kare ga nani o itte imasu ka?" another voice whispers. (What is he saying?)

I felt so stupid. I had forgotten that I could understand different languages but they couldn't understand me. Everyone I know usually speaks one language so I just use my power with the birds and animals around me. I guess I had landed on another settlement that didn't speak my language.

I concentrated on what I was going to say "Anata wa watashi o hodoku koto ga dekimasu ka?"
(I'm just gonna type it in English from here on in, but it's the new language)

Everyone in the room shifted on their feet (enhanced senses at work) and one person spoke up. A woman, "You won't attack us? Or use your powers?"

I wondered what she meant but then remembered the first time waking up. "I didn't hurt anyone did I?" I asked concerned. "I can't promise I won't use my powers-"everyone stiffened "because I'm using one right now to talk in your language"

Someone walked up to where I was lying and started to loosen the bounds. "Don't move too much, your...uh...injuries haven't healed fully yet" It was the man who first spoke.

"Not like I'm not used to it by now" I muttered too quietly for anyone to hear me.

Once they took all the ropes away I sat up with a slight groan. The first thing I noticed with a shock is that my injuries were almost healed. Some were already scars and the others were just about closed.

"H-how long was I...asleep?" I questioned

"Try unconscious." Another man corrected, when you first woke up you'd been asleep for two weeks. When we sedated you, well, we thought we'd used too much because you've been asleep for another three"

I looked up from my examination of my newly grown toe nails "FIVE WEEKS?!?!?!" I exclaimed. Then I yelped, I got a good look at the people around me. "W-where are your wings?" I whispered...