The start

I'd never been the most popular person in the clan. I didn't have many friends, heck,  even my family didn't want to be around me. I was a disgrace, a failure of a son, brother, friend and cousin. It bothered me to no end, I would get it if I had done something wrong, I hadn't. I was just born differently.

I'll come right out and say it.I. DON'T. HAVE. WINGS. I know what you're thinking, who is this guy? Is he crazy? Just hear me out. I was born into the world of the Alatum, the winged. We, or should I say they, are a league of winged people who live in the clouds. So far above the earth that they don't know about the human race.

There are legends of a time when wingless people and the Alatum lived in harmony, but that all changed when the Erat attacked, only the Pax, peace keeper between the three nations, could stop them, but when the Tribes needed him most, he vanished. The Erat took the Atalum's beloved wingless and held them captive.  Thousands of years have past since then, the Atalum and wingless defeated the Erat and decided to separate so this could never happen again.

It was only a legend, until I came into the world. I was born with no wings. For this I was ridiculed, made fun of, and beaten. Just because I was different.

I only had a few friends, if you could call them that. Amicus, Micat and Gratia these are all the people who would  talk to me like I mattered. They didn't stick up for me, or encourage me...they just stood by me and talked. They are the ones who told me the legends of the wingless and Erat.

My family would never talk to me, they would ignore me. The only time they payed attention to me was to tell me how much of a disappointment I was, that or beat me. As you can probably guess, I didn't have that happy of a childhood. The only way i could get rid of my troubles was to sing, and play music on my lyre.

No one, not even my friends knew I could play. Whenever I played I would go to the end of the cloud we had settled on, away from anyone that could hear me. I would pour my heart into those songs, my sadness, happiness, but most of all, a strong feeling of needing to something MORE. I always thought that my life was meant to be more than getting beaten and ridiculed. Almost like I was part of a bigger picture that I hadn't seen yet...

I had always hoped the legends were true. That the wingless would be out there... somewhere, and someday, somehow, I would find them.