Chapter 2

My alarm pulled me out of my sleep. 7am already. Oh fuck. My holiday hell is about to begin. I got dressed quickly, sat on my bed and waited for my mother to call me down. I was hoping it wouldn't happen, but....

"TOOOOONYYYYY" My mother practically yelled. I went down.

Fuck my life, I thought. I went out of the house and as soon as I did I saw the Fuentes family. Mike was tall as hell, with a couple of tattoos. He has changed. He definitely has. His brother, Vic, was standing next to him, but compared to Mike he looked like a midget. He hasn't changed much I guess. Their parents, well they were just standing there.

"Uh.. hi everyone" I said. Yes, I was trying to be nice again. I am such an idiot.

Somehow we were all gonna fit in one car, and I was not a fan of that. I got in, took a seat at the very back, next to the window. I was surprised when Mike sat next to me. I didn't expect that. I probably should have.

I didn't want to talk to him just yet, so I took out my iPod, put in my earphones and blasted Fall Out Boy.

I was daydreaming about running away, exploring the woods or abandoned places.. and that's how I drifted into sleep.

"Mooooooom stop it's not school yet is it?" I said as I woke up. But as soon as I opened my eyes reality hit me. I wasn't at home in my bed and it wasn't my mother waking me up. I was in a car and it was Mike waking me up. He was laughing. Who wouldn't be laughing at me?

"Ugh dude what the hell why are you waking me up?!" I groaned.

"We're here, get out of the car and hurry up" he said.

I did as told. Why was I even listening to him? I have no idea. Anyway, I got out of the car, got my bag from the trunk and went over to my mom.

"Come on Tony, we're going to the reception to get our keys to the rooms."

We went to the reception and Mike's dad was talking to the receptionist. I didn't hear everything but I understood that he was getting four rooms, two with two beds and two with one bed for two. Okay so I knew two were for the parents but who the hell was I going to have to share a room with? And soon enough, I got my answer.

"Here Tony, you and Mike are sharing a room, we're all going to be on the third floor and your guys' room is 243" Mike's dad said.

I went straight to my mom.

"Mom why doesn't Vic just share with Mike????"

"Honey, Vic's boyfriend Kellin is coming so they're gonna share. Just be good and try to be nice with Mike alright?"

"Ugh whatever" I mumbled and Mike and I made our way to our room. We walked in. The room wasn't huge, but it wasn't small either. There were two beds and a bedside table between them. There was a cupboard and a table, and another door leading to a bathroom. It was all clean and I could make myself comfortable here, but if Mike would just go away it would be better. I took the bed next to the window and set down my stuff. Mike took the other bed and did the same.

"Why are you so quiet Tony? We used to be friends and have sleepovers like this!!" Mike said.

"Well think about it!! That day I caught you smoking you threatened to beat me up and I didn't even do anything! It wasn't my fault and you didn't need to threaten me because I had no fucking need to tell anyone anyway!! I knew how to stay out of people's fucking business! And I never fucking did anything to you but you were a fucking asshole since that day Mike!" I practically yelled.

"Alright alright calm down, turtle. I'm sorry. That was 7th grade and can we just forget it? Can we be friends again?"

Using an old nickname. Damn that made me calm down. I was gonna give him a chance.

"Alright. Let's start over, let's pretend the shit in the past never happened, let's try to be friends, let's give it a shot." I said and honestly meant it.

"But I'm tired so let's have our fresh start tomorrow morning alright? Goodnight" Mike said.

"Goodnight" I replied.

I was pretty tired myself too even though I slept the whole way here. I took off my shirt and pants which left me in my boxers and got into bed.

Maybe this wasn't going to be so bad after all.