Chapter Three

"How is he?" I ask Tony, who's walking out of the lab where Barton's kept.

"Unfortunately, he's still Barton," Tony replies and I chuckle.

"That's terrible," Bruce says as he comes up behind me.

"He's fine. He's thirsty," Tony answers and walk towards the scepter while talking to Jarvis. Bruce and I walk into the lab together. When we get in there, we see Barton strapped to a table and a machine hovering over him and repairing his wound.

"You sure he's going to be okay?" Nat asked Helen. "Pretending to need this guy really bring the team together."

"There's no possibility of deterioration. The nano-molecular functionality is instantaneous," Helen replies, I could tell she was proud of her own work.

"His cells don't know they're bonding with simulacrum. She is creating tissue," Bruce adds, also amazed.

"If you brought him to my lab, the regeneration cradle could do this in twenty minutes," Helen boasts.

"Oh, he's flatlining. Call it. Time?" Tony says, coming in with five waters.

"No, no, no I'm going to live forever," Clint replies, laughing a bit. "I'm gonna be made in plastic."

"Here's you beverage," Tony mutters to Clint, and he takes it eagerly.

"You'll be made of you, Mr. Barton," Helen reassures.

"Your own girlfriend won't be able to tell the difference," I joke.

"I don't have a girlfriend," Clint replies, sort of frantically.

"That I can't fix," Helen says and I laugh. "This is the next thing, Tony. Your clunky metal suits are going to be left in the dust.

"That is exactly the plan," Tony replies. I was slightly confused at that answer but it shook of, thinking it was just sarcasm. "And Helen, I expect to see you at the party on Saturday."

"Unlike you, I don't have a lot of time for parties," Helen says. Burrrnnn. "Will Thor be there?"

After Barton was all patched up, everyone went back to their places until Saturday. I decided to stay at Starks, besides I didn't want to make the drive. I mostly stayed in my room, either reading or talking to my dad. Sometimes I would see Bruce and Tony working on something. There many holograms but I never bothered them when they were working.

Finally, Saturday night came. After showering and drying my hair, I threw on a light blue dress that had white flowers printed on it. Soon, everyone started to arrive and by dark the main floor was filled with people. There were some old S.H.I.E.L.D agents, some Stark Industry employees, a handful of Steve's veteran friends, and many other people who I'm not even sure what their names are. When Steve arrived, I ran and jumped. He caught my waist and he spun me around as I giggled. This was routine for us when we haven't seen each other in awhile. When he set me down we kissed, our lips locking. It was not to long because we didn't want to be that gross disgusting couple.

"Ewww," Sam exclaimed, acting as if he were a young boy running away from cooties.

"Oh, shut it you," I tell him and push him slightly.

"How about that pool game, Cap?" Sam asked and Steve nodded. We walked over to the pool table. Steve was the first to break them. After that, it was Sam's turn and he easily sunk a striped ball.

"Alright, alright," Steve said, laughing a bit. I guess Sam was a pretty good pool player.

"Whoo!" Sam hollered to the ball. "Come back, come back," I laughed and noticed Thor, Tony, Maria, and Rhodey were standing in a group. It looked like Rhodey was telling a story.