5. Being awkward at the Movies.

The ride to the movies was really quiet and awkward. He took me to one of those fancy movie theaters where the had seats where you could put your feet up. He got a blanket out of the back.
"It get really cold in there." I lifted an eyebrow.
"Or is it a reason for us to cuddle?" He turned red.
"A little bit of both." I laughed. "Smooth move Mr.Danny Edge." I said walking towards ticket booth.
"Thank you Ms.Shirley Ma-" I cut him off.
"Don't say my last name." I whinned.
"Why? It's not that bad." I shook my head no.
"It is bad." He ordered the tickets while I looked for Hayes. I saw him helping Angelica out of his car. I waved at him. He smiled and waved back.
"Danny look there's Hayes. What a coincidence. Hi Hayes!" Danny sighed.

"Hey Hayes." I went over to them and gave them hugs. "What movie are you guys watching?" I asked.
"We're watching Annabelle." I was really nervous Danny would figure out I invited Hayes.
"That's funny we are too." I faked a smile. Danny and I waited as Hayes bought his tickets. Angelica pulled me aside.
"Can you believe the Hayes Grier the boy I've had a crush on since preschool finally asked me out?" I giggled.
"You guys make a cute couple." Hayes walked over to us.
"Come on. Let's go inside." Hayes grabbed Angelica's hand.
"So do you want popcorn?" Danny awkwardly asked. "Sure." He ordered a medium sized popcorn bag for both of us. I being the fat ass I am, was probably going to eat it all.

We went into the theater. It was surprisingly cold. Hayes and Angelica sat a row in front of us.
"I'll take that blanket now." I told Danny sitting down. He passed me the blanket.
"I told you." There was a botton on the side that made the seat go back and lifted your feet. I cuddled next to Danny. The lights dimed down.
"Perfect timing." Danny said. I saw Hayes do the old yawn and put your arm around the girl. I giggled.

**** After the Movie ****

The lights turned on.
"Were you scared?" Danny asked me.
"What pft no." I stood up.
"Yeah whatever." I softly hit him.
"Oh shut up Danny." He laughed.
"Where to next?" He asked.
"My house if you want you can stay so I can kick your ass at Mario Karts." I looked over to Angie's and Hayes's seats. They were gone. I didn't mind. It wasn't as awkward as I thought it would be. My phone vibrated. 15 new messages from Matt. I ignored them. My stomach began to hurt.
"Danny?" He looked at me.
"Yeah?"
"Can we please hurry home? I'm not feeling so good." He nodded yes.
"Do you still want me to stay?" He asked opening the car door for me.
"Yes I'd like that a lot." He started the car and left the movies.

After a 15 minute drive we were finally at my house. He wrapped his jacket around me as I got out of the car. I unlocked the front door and headed inside. "Come on let's go to my room." I told Danny. He closed the door and followed me. I laid on my bed. Danny sat next to me. "You could lay down next to me if you want." I told him. He laid down. "Danny?"
"Yes?" I looked towards him.
"Promise me something." He looked toward me.
"Sure."
"Promise me if we ever date or if we stay as friends, you'll always love me like Tate loved Violet." He smiled. "I promise. I like the American Horror Story reference." I laughed.
"I thought it'd be easier to understand that way." He placed his thumb on my chin just like Matt did earlier today.
"Is it okay if I kiss you?" He asked. I didn't want to be rude so I didn't say no. I nodded yes. He leaned in for a kiss. I miss Matt. Shit. Did I just think that while kissing Danny? I pulled away.
"Do you still want to play Mario Karts?" I asked, changing the topic. He laughed.
"Why not." I turned on my Wii and handed him a controller.

We played until it was midnight, then Danny left. There were awkward goodbyes and awkward see ya laters. A few minutes after Danny left I couldn't help but call Matt.
"Shirley?" He asked.
"Matt." I said trying to keep my voice from breaking but failing.
"Are you okay?" I nodded no even though he wasn't going to see it.
"Want to come over to talk it out?" I was on the edge of bursting into tears.
"Sure. I'll be over in a few minutes." He hung up first. I laid on my bed, emotionless, waiting for Matt to come. I didn't know if it was right thing to do but I had to say sorry for being a jerk to boy I loved the most.

There was a knock on the door. I stumbled over to it and opened it.
"Matt!" I hugged. "I'm so sorry for being really mean to you Matt. It's my fault-" He cut me off with a kiss. It felt so right so tender so perfect. It couldn't compare to Danny's kiss. I pulled away first. "Matt I-" he shushed me.
"You need some rest." He closed the door and headed towards my room. I followed behind him. I closed the bedroom door. He took his shirt off making me want to scream. "You could put on some PJs or sleep in your underwear or whatever." He told me as if it were I sleeping at his house. I turned around and began taking my clothes of hoping he wouldn't see my body. "Shirley." He wrapped his arms around my waist. "Please don't hide your beauty." I turned around.
"You call scars beauty?" He looked up and down my legs, arms, and stomach. He hugged me.
"I'd love you if you had a leg missing." I sniffled. He kissed my wrists. A tear slipped down my face.
"It's okay now I'm here now." He turned the lights off and laid down on my bed. I laid next to him. "I'm here. I'll always be here." I slowly fell asleep feeling happy for once in my life.