Chapter One.

Thank you for reading! I'm relatively new to Wattpad, and this is my first story. I hope you like it :)

"You should like him, Nevaeh."

I glanced up at the girl before me, raising an eyebrow. " What did you say?" I questioned, frowning as I looked at the blonde closely. "You should like him, Luke, I mean," She whispered once again, motioning to the tall, blonde boy sitting in the desk next to me.

Turning my head, I watched him for a moment as he listened to music and talked to his friends, before turning my attention back to Skylar. "I don't mean to sound harsh, but that's kind of gross," I lied, frowning as I glanced back to the laughing group of boys," I mean, why would I ever like him?"

I glanced back to the board, which Mrs. Black was currently standing in front of. It wasn't a mystery as to why most males in this school wanted to be in Mrs. Black's history class, the answer could be seen as soon as you looked at Mrs. Black herself; she was gorgeous. With beautiful sun kissed skin, dark hair, and a model worthy body, she had the hormonal teenage boys drooling.

"You guys would be really cute, I mean he's cute," Skylar murmured, studying the blonde boy before she began her visual assault on the tan boy at his side, "And so is his friend." She continued to stare at Calum, her head tilted to the side as she twisted a piece of her long, blonde hair around her finger.

Rolling my eyes, I looked down at my desk with a scowl. "No he's not," I said, letting out an exasperated sigh. It was then that Luke turned his head to stare at us for a second, his blonde eyebrows raised, and his head tilted in curiosity.

This was Skylar and I's daily conversation. She was always trying to set me up with different guys, claiming that I was 'too lonely'. It was completely hypocritical of her to say, because she had yet to date a guy all year for she had been pining over Calum.

Something about the past couple of months was different though, because she had only been encouraging me to talk to one guy. As you probably could have guessed, that guy was Luke Hemmings.

Honestly, it was a lost cause. Luke was pretty popular, considering the fact that his band was beginning to grow popular... and they were all good looking. I wasn't saying that I didn't have friends, I did and I had plenty, I just didn't have people following me around like he- well, they did.

I was, currently, sitting in fourth period, Advanced History and because class had not officially started, I got the privilege of hearing Skylar babble on about how cute Luke and I would be. Please note the sarcasm. Believe me, I loved her, she had been my best friend since year nine, but... she was a bit of a handful. Sitting in the back of the classroom had its perks though, so at that moment I had actually been listening to music, pretending to actually comprehend what Skylar was saying.

"Are you even listening?" Skylar asked, sighing, as she tugged one of my earphones out of my ear. I smiled innocently, blinking as I leaned my head against my hand.

"Of course I am, dear," I said sarcastically, turning my body towards her, "I love to hear you talk about how I need a boyfriend!"

Rolling her eyes, she grinned cheekily, her dimples showing. "It's because you do. And Luke would be perfect for you, like oh my gosh-"

And back to Green Day!

__

History went my painfully slow, and when the bell finally began ringing, I was out of my seat and out of the classroom as quickly as I could. I basically ran down the hallway, pushing past people and hurrying to get to my locker. It was time for lunch and I was just glad to be out of the classroom.