I'll Keep You A Daydream Away

Sooooooo, this is my first story. Its a fanfiction haha. Hopefully it won't be as cheesy as most of them. Character pictures on the external link. The song in the sidebar is the one she is singing.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"There is a design, an alignment, a cry of my heart to see,  the beauty of love as it was made to be. The beauty of love, as it was made to be."

I took a deep breathe before smiling at the small crowd beneath me. That was the last song of the set. A cover of one of my favourite bands. I grinned nervously.

A small explosion of claps and cheers erupted as I mumbled a just audible "thank you" into the mic in-front of me. I held onto my guitar tightly as I walked off the side of the stage and into the brightly light corridor behind it. 

"Hey, urm, Poppy Fields isn't it?" I turned around to face a short teenage boy with light blonde hair looking at me with expectant eyes. 

"Yeah, how can I help?" I responded.

"Well, you see, I was just wondering if I could ask you some questions? I'm doing a Media diploma and we have to interview a "underground" or "lesser known" artist. I picked you". He said quietly. I felt quite flattered, no one knew who I really was.

"Ofcourse, fire away". 

"Okay, so, what inspired you to start singing?"

"Well, between you and me, there's no sentimental story of how I take after a relative or an idol. I was, well still am, one of many teenage girls who sing along to poppy love songs in their bedroom". I was worried this wouldn't be a very interesting answer for the boy.

"Ahh, cool. What artists do you like?"

"How long have you got?" I laughed. "My music taste is so varied, I like thousands. Alot of the songs I cover come from my favourite artists though, if that helps at all".  

This is what I do, cover songs in small venues for the next act that's a little more loved than myself. Sometimes I do play my own stuff, but not very often. My manager knows whats best I guess, even though he hasn't even showed up tonight. God only knows what time I will be home, if I will be home tonight at all.

"Okay, I see. And why are you performing here? Its pretty far from your hometown." 

That's true, I live in a small village just outside a big city in England. Its a fair few miles from this one.

 "I take what I can get" I laughed.

"Oh. So, whats your favourite thing to do in when you're up here then?" he continued.

"JACKS MOM." A loud, mischievous voice bellowed from somewhere near by, it was followed by a small chuckle.

I started to giggle, my gaze reaching over the boy's head to find who had spoken, but I quickly straightened up when I saw the boy was becoming impatient. "Urm, I don't know, its pretty much the same here as alot of other cities really."

"Okay, well, anyway, thanks" the boy said, unamused, before turning and walking the corner of the corridor leaving me alone once more under the blinding white lights.

I stood in the hallway for a few more minutes. The bright lights were starting to give me a headache, making me more sleepy than I already was. Just as I could feel my eyes starting to lower, something vibrated in the small pocket of my pinstripe skirt. I pulled out my phone and read the new message.

"Goghdd Luchkk! hehe lo0vr yoiu! xosdfdsiuxoxox" Calla, my best friend of 7 years, was already drunk back home then I could see. 

Backstage at this venue was really not glamorous. I guess that's because I was in the Academy 3. The smallest room out of the venue. I could hear the heavy beat of a guitar somewhere far away. I hadn't bothered to check which other bands were performing in the bigger rooms at this venue tonight. I wondered if the backstage of the bigger rooms was connected to this one. I had nothing better to do, so I picked my guitar up off the floor and walked gingerly around the first few corners of the long brightly lit corridor. At first glance, all I could see were stock rooms or closets. There was surprisingly no one around. Then I started passing a few men with long hair or beanies on. Tech's, ahh. I turned another corner, and this corridor was empty. It seemingly lead to nowhere and was quite dimly lit compared to the others. I stood staring into the darkness curiously working out what the doors read. Suddenly, a strong finger tapped twice on my shoulder. I sprang into the air , close to a heart attack.