I'll Keep You A Daydream Away: Chapter 4

"We're only about 30 minutes anyway now!" The driver shouted to us. It was the first words I had heard him speak. He can't be their usual one. He's way too grumpy.

We had finished our breakfast a while ago, the boys had gone to get ready and other members of the crew were awake now. Except Alex. He was still sound asleep, sprawled out on the opposite couch.

 I wasn't sure what to do. I felt so awkward. Everyone around me was rushing, getting ready, tidying up or preparing how to set up the stage at this venue. I was still on the same seats as earlier, stil in my borrowed t shirt and hoody. I wanted to go and get dressed, okay a small part of me wanted to stay in his clothes forever, but it was all so hectic I didn't want to get in the way. 

It was around 10.00am now from what I could tell. Time flies when you're having fun, well, watching Spongebob. I heard a small groan. I looked up, to see Alex was turning in his sleep. Hmm, should I wake him? I mean, we would be there soon and he probably had to get ready. 

Oh but he looked so peaceful when he slept! 

"Hey person I don't know!" A voice beamed at me. 

"Oh hey! It's Zack, right?" I said sheepishly.

"Yes, it is. It's Poppy isn't it?" 

"Yeah, how do you know?" I was puzzled, I hadn't spoken to him yet. He had been fast asleep when I saw him.

"Oh, Jack was asking for peoples thoughts on having relations in a poppy field, one detail led to another." He laughed. "Anyway, could you wake Alex up? I've gotta dash, and if I shout him awake he will be pissy with me." He sighed and turned around, in the direction of the bunks.

Okay, okay, hmm, right, how would I do this? I didn't want him to get pissy with me either. I gingerly stood up and crept quietly over to him.

I tapped his shoulder gently.

No luck.

I tapped it a little harder.

 Still nothing. Uhh.

"Alex, come on, sleepyhead, rise and shine."

Nope.

Okay, maybe I could him, shake him awake? I placed my hand on one side of his stomach. His hoodie was scrunched under my palm. I gently pushed him back and forth.

"Come on, Alex, wake up. Come on! NOW!"

He only fidgeted the tiniest bit. Jesus, how much of a heavy sleeper can someone be? I shook him a bit harder.

Ooo! Okay, maybe panic would wake him.

"Alex, there's a crazy psycho breaking into the bus!"

Nothing.

"He has an axe!"

You guessed it, zilch.

I have been told before, I would of made a great actress and I'm good at improvising. Hmm. Time to put it to the test. I mentally built up the hysterics in my voice. Okay Poppy....think, terror, scared, crying, helpless, going to be murdered any minute now.

I took a big intake of breathe.

"RUN ALEX RUN! HE'S GOING TO KILL ME! SAVE YOURSELF, SAVE YOURSELF! OH MY GOD, OH MY GOSH! PLEASE NO, NO DON'T, RUN ALEX, RUN! IT'S TOO LATE FOR ME!" 

Suddenly, I felt a strong pair of arms encasing my shoulders and neck, as someone was gasping for breath in my ear. I turned, Alex's eyes were wide with terror. I couldn't help but giggle. I laughed and laughed so much my sides started to hurt. But not once was I unlocked from the grip I was being held in. Alex's eyes, still wide with fright, as his breath was just starting to slow.