Chapter Three

Aedan's POV

"Aeryn, go away." I hissed as we wandered down the alleyway between two shops.

"Where did you send that man Aedan?" She ignored me; firing her own question, irritating me.

"Go. Away." I cursed. "Don't make me..." Letting the threat hanging, I cautioned her with my wand. She knew exactly what I'd do. She was frightened of me, I had that power over her big mouth, yapping all the time.

"Tell me where you sent him."

"No." I grunted.

"Aedan." She threatened, but I was hardly intimidated.

"Aeryn." I mimicked her tone, mocking the way she thought she could scare me.

"Where are we going anyway?"

I decided to ignore her question, "You slap me again, I will send you to the authorities."

"You wouldn't do that to your dear sister."

But I called her bluff.

"Hell yeah, I would." I chuckled.

"Mother wouldn't hear of it."

"Exactly, because you wouldn't be around to tell her."

That shut her up. Finally.

I led her down the long alleyway to a thin door.

"What is this? Where does this go? Is this another entrance to the vortex you sent that guy too? Or is it one of those candy lands you always seem to disappear into?"

I didn't answer.

"I knew it! I bet you ride on a unicorn licking a lollipop all day long! Am I right?"

"Very wrong, do you know the Dark Vices spell?"

"No? Wait- no! Aedan! You can't use that spell!" Her eyes darkened. "How long have you been using it for?"

"A few years." I shrugged nonchalantly.

"It's forbidden, even for the Elders."

The Dark Vices, a forbidden spell. It can be used to reverse any magical incantation, even death. It's the most powerful spell in the Wizarding World, to date. It's forbidden because it requires so much energy, and upon casting it, the energy must be taken from someone else, in the form of an injury or fatigue.

"Have you found your victim?"

"Victim to the spell you mean?" I frowned, assessing the door in the dim light.

"Well, yeah. What else would I be talking about?"

"Candy Land, I suppose." I smirked.

"Who is it? Have you found them yet?"

"That salesman. I saw his intention, he was coming to kill me for his broken leg."

"You broke his leg by using the spell?"

"Yeah."

"Nice job, idiot." She scolded me, just because she's merely fourteen minutes older than me didn't give her the right to control me in any way. She's a girl, I don't take orders from a girl.

"Thanks. Do you know the spell?"

"I'm not reciting it. I'm going home. You're in deep trouble when Mother founds out about this, dirtbag."

"I need to see Mother. You can't leave." I told her as I noticed the shield's energy surrounding the door was pulsing. She touches it, she'll most like be paralyzed for a while.

"You watch me." She turned to stomp off but I grabbed her wrist just as she was about to pass through the shield. It was hardly a shield, but a trap.

Once you're in, you can't get out. At least if your intention is clear. Simple as that. And I can't guarantee what Aeryn's intention will be.

"You do it, I'll just hold your hand."

"Fine." I grunted, not happy with her plan.

I recited the fourteen line spell, wincing at the end. Hoping the spell wouldn't backfire and slap me in the face. It had a tendency to pay me back if I got even one word wrong.

Not this time, the door swung wide open. Revealing the darkness.

-------

© Sabrina Avenue