Chapter 1: Sweetheart

I slam my head against my cold metal locker as the bell rings for class. The once crowed hallways are now empty, my footsteps echoing as I walk down the hallway. My heart stopped as hear my name being called from behind me, I turn around to see my science teacher walking towards me.
"Have a hall pass miss"
"Yeah about that, I don't have one, I was let out late and I thought I could make it"
I look at him with pleading eyes to let me off the hook, to luck he didn't.
"I'll see you in detention"
Could this day get any worse, I already have homework to do, I don't need to be in detention. I have been to detention before but it's not the best place, you are stuck with obnoxious kids who cause trouble. That's the last place I ever need to be.

Once school was over I started to walk to detention, I open the door  only to see a few kids who look scared out of their mind not nearly as bad as it was before. I sit near the back but close to the door. I pull out my notebook and start drawing, anything is better than looking off into space.
I look up to see who came in and it's Michael. I quickly look back down at my notebook and continue to draw, my heart pounding and my hands shaking a little. As he sits a couple of seats behind I can feel his eyes burning into the back of my skull, making me even more nervous. I like Michael but he has the personality of asshole and that makes me hate him. You could say it was a love hate relationship for me.
*MICHAELS POV*
I walk into my second home, detention. I take a seat behind jade making her a little nervous, it's easy to tell on her. Hunched over her notebook doing god knows what, I get up and pull up a desk to her looking at what she's drawing. I look up and see her with wide eyes but it only makes me smirk even more knowing I had this affect on her made me think I had more power than I actually had.
"What are you drawing"
"Uh.hh.h a flower"
"Could I see"
"Su..r.re"
As I look at the flower she drew admiring how well drawn it was, I could see her in the corner of my eye she was playing with her. Even when she stutters it was cute, or even when she is playing with her dirty blonde hair.
"Are you nervous sweetheart"
"No"
I smile and looked at her shaking my head as I look back at the drawing.
"It's nice"
"Thank you"
I hand back her notebook and look at her but she quickly looks back down blushing at the compliment I gave her. I lingered a bit just to tease her, I sat back down in my seat staring at the clock wondering how am I going to make her mine.