Why I Hate Romeo and Juliet - Chapter Nineteen

Hey there!

I'm so sorry, I haven't uploaded in forever! I was just stuck for a while, and then I kept procrastinating, but the point is: it's here now! I hope you like it! Lemme know!

Additionally, I've started a new story! It's called 'Welcome to Eureka'. Here's a short little thing about it:

Annabelle Jennings has had it far from easy. It was only after she was taken to live with one of her brother’s old friends, in the Podunk town of Eureka, Montana, that Anna began living a life she could enjoy. But enter Hunter Drake, a man who’s looking to get away, and things start to stir in the small town.

So check it out? Please? Thanks!

Enjoy:)

-jennaxxx

Chapter Nineteen

I’m not going to lie: I probably could’ve pissed my pants from the excitement as Ms. Clayton and Trish discussed my designs.

“Ooh! This one,” Miss Clayton shrieked, pointing to one of my drawings.  From the front, it was simple and elegant, with just a little lace at the bust. A quaint little façade for the pleated train in the back, creating a bubble-shape for the backside, it was indeed. The ruffles were so intricate, I never thought of what a pain it would be to sew when I drew it. “I want this one!” She cried, like she was a toddler looking at a new toy.

Trish didn’t seem to mind the heavy detailing. “I love it! That’s going to be so much fun.”

I so could just die right now.

“What color?” Clayton looked up at the two of us. “My exhibition is mostly in black and white.”

“Then you need to pop,” Trish said absentmindedly. She didn’t even look up as she scanned for good colors, except for once, to examine Ms. Clayton’s complexion. “Red? Brown?”

“Wine!” I shouted as it clicked in my head.

“Oh my god, yes!” Trish squealed. “Wine-red!”

I smiled in satisfaction. I never did that. I never gushed over colors and dresses and complexions. Never.

I mean, maybe if my mom didn’t…If she wasn’t…

Never mind. It’s not the time for that. Not now.

“Its smack in the middle of winter, too,” Clayton said in ecstasy. “Oh, I can just see it now!” She engulfed Trish and me in a hug. “Thank you so much, you two!”

“No problem, Ms. Clayton,” Trish and I chorused.

“Depending on how well my display goes,” she paused. “And not to be vain, but I think it’ll go really well,” she grinned. And knowing her, it would probably go really well. And it’d probably be really upscale too. “You guys will get well compensated for your hard work!”

Damn. I was going to be rich, if her paintings were anything like the stuff she showed us in class.

Okay, maybe not. But I’d have some money, at least. That’d be an improvement.

Trish and I just nodded eagerly and said our goodbyes.  

“Oh my god,” she gasped the second we got out of the art room.

“I know!” I shrieked along with her. Making our way for the front entrance, we talked on and on about how great this was going to be. You could’ve heard us giggling from a mile away.