~3~

His hand reaches out for me.

"NO!"

I wake up from the nightmare, sweat dripping down my forehead. I sit up and sigh. That's the third time I've had that dream since the ball. Maybe these dreams are telling me something. Is it a good thing I haven't seen him again since the ball?

*knock knock*

I turn and look at the door.

"Mistress, are you awake?" Lance's voice always calms me down after a nightmare.

"Yes..I am" I wipe the sweat from my forehead and sit on the edge of the bed.

Lance walks in with a silver cart. He rolls the cart next to the bed and hands me tea and scones.

"You have a free schedule today Mistress, do you have anything you want to do?" His smile makes me feel even better.

"No..." I trail off and look out the window.

"Are you having nightmares again Mistress?" He sits next to me on my bed and gives me a concerning look.

I simply nod in reply.

"And you still won't tell me what they are about?" He looks even more concerned now.

"It doesn't matter.." I brush off his concerns and finish my breakfast.

He sighs and dresses me for the day.

"You know you can talk to me about anything Mistress.." A smile graces his features.

"It doesn't matter Lance.." I continue to ignore his attempts of getting me to talk about the dream.

He sighs and stands. He smooths out his tail coat and smiles.

"I'll let you get on with your day Mistress" he bows and walks out to attend to his daily duties.

I sigh and walk to the garden. On the way to the garden I grab a book from the bookshelf. I sit down on a bench in between two old oak trees and read. I can't stop thinking about my dream. I stretch and yawn, still being tired from the lack of sleep last night. Slowly I begin falling asleep.

"I've come to take what's mine"

I jump up as I hear those words whispered in my ear. I turn and see no one standing there.

"It's just your mind playing tricks on you (y/n)" I say, hoping to make myself more comfortable.

"It's alright, my love"

I stand and look around. Nothing. I walk back to the manor and make my way to the bathroom.

"Why is it so dark in here?" My voice echoes slightly.

The air around me turns cold. I walk to the basin and turn on the tap. I lean down and cup water in my hands and splash it onto my face. I look up in the mirror and see a dark figure with golden, glowing eyes.

I quickly turn to the direction of the figure.

"Nothing.." My voice cracks out of fear slightly.

I turn back to the mirror and see the figure is still there.

"Who are you?" I say, voice still shaking with fear.

The figure is static. The glow of its eyes is the only source of light. It slowly starts walking to me. It stops behind me. My breathing is uneven and fast.

"It's alright My Lady, I won't hurt you" his hand moves to my shoulder. "I will protect you with my life" he removes his hand from my shoulder and puts it on his heart.

*Crack..crack*

The mirror starts cracking, glass shards falling to the floor one by one. The figure is gone. It's dark.

"Day into night, sugar into salt, living to dead, and navy into gold. Thats what makes a Trancy butler."

I wake up and sit up quickly, breathing unsteady. I look around. I'm not outside anymore, Lance must have brought me inside. I sit on the edge of the bed and sigh.

"That dream wasn't like my other dreams.." Another sigh escapes my dry lips.

First I have dreams that tell me to stay away from the Trancy and his butler. But for some reason..this dream made me feel safe. It sounds crazy but it's true.

I look out the window and sigh as I see the moonlight hit the curtains. I lay back down and look at the roof and repeat the words I heard in my dream as I fall asleep.

"Day into night, sugar into salt, living to dead, and navy into gold. Thats what makes a Trancy butler"